KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
That's how mine fits too (950 SMR). There's enough foam around the edges to seal it between the airbox and cover though. Had it out a couple of times and refitted it without probs. I agree that they seem expensive for what they are.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Got one one mine aswell , not cheap for a bit of foam and ali. I thought the same about the fit but it does make a seal between the two halves of the airbox and ive had mine on and off a few times ....And the people in the know say there more free flowing than the BMC ...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does the MWR filter work??

I'm suposed to be getting one fitted and then dyno'd on Thursday - don't fancy wasting money if they aren't worth it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Had a MWR filter fitted, rejetted, air box windows removed then dyno'd (got Wings cans fitted). Vast improvement all round. I'm sure others who have had this done will agree.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Is there any change to induction noise with a filter in the 950?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Okee dokee - I'll take your word as gospel.

Had a pair of Full titanium Quill cans put on the other day (6kg saving over OE exhaust but christ they are loud without the baffles in). So I'm heading down to X-bikes for a dyno run or two and to have the airbox done - sounds like the same set of mods you've had done. I'll be happy if it cures the crap running around town on part throttle. Hopefully it'll cure the bike of all it's fuelling glitches and liberate more than the current 108 rear wheel ponies - without drinking petroleum.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Okee dokee - I'll take your word as gospel.

Had a pair of Full titanium Quill cans put on the other day (6kg saving over OE exhaust but christ they are loud without the baffles in). So I'm heading down to X-bikes for a dyno run or two and to have the airbox done - sounds like the same set of mods you've had done. I'll be happy if it cures the crap running around town on part throttle. Hopefully it'll cure the bike of all it's fuelling glitches and liberate more than the current 108 rear wheel ponies - without drinking petroleum.
Well, if you're going to see Chris at X Bikes you'll be happy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the MWR filter work??

I'm suposed to be getting one fitted and then dyno'd on Thursday - don't fancy wasting money if they aren't worth it.
Only one way to find out dyno it b4 and after installation let us know how you get on,cant say ive noticed any more induction noise then again my ears are f**kd with the smt.

·
Registered
249 Posts
According to Quill it's kicking out 108bhp at the back wheel - just taking the baffles out and running standard fueling and airbox.
Yes I'll let everyone know how the mods go.

btw - what have you done to your smt to deafen youself? Must admit I'm too embarrassed to ride around sans baffles, so I'm going to put them back in for the dyno run.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
According to Quill it's kicking out 108bhp at the back wheel - just taking the baffles out and running standard fueling and airbox.
Yes I'll let everyone know how the mods go.

btw - what have you done to your smt to deafen youself? Must admit I'm too embarrassed to ride around sans baffles, so I'm going to put them back in for the dyno run.[/QUOT

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the touring screen on and a Schuberth flip front - I don't find the noise too bad.
I might get used to the noise - not sure the neighbours will - it sounds like a flight of Lancaster bombers about to crash in the street.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The SMT`s are serious for wind noise/buffeting
I wear ear plugs to preserve what hearing I have left now, allows better concentration for longer too.

Are there any other free flow filter options for the SMT / SMR, keen to get one as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sweet, anyone got anything good or bad to say about these?

I still have the stock paper filter at present which I am sure is not doing it any favours, got the two sides opened up a bit and the big arse snorkel off so as much air as pos without a MH filter is going in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts