KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not sure why KTM went away from the circlip method as used on the 2T bikes. I've not seen one fail but I have seen a bolt come off an RFS motor and dump the front sprocket and chain. Very nasty.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So i managed to get it out in about 15 mins firstly drilled centre of bolt with 1.5mm bit then a 2mm bit then used the hole boring side of one if the easy outs then flipped it around to use the exactor thread the smallest one on the very slowest speed on the drill it actually got a bite of the bolt and turned it like a quarter then the bit snapped ffs then trom ther on a used a small flat head and gently tapped it round until it came out woohoo haha but i dont recommend them bits like a say the first one snapped with the drillon the very slowest speed

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So i managed to get it out in about 15 mins firstly drilled centre of bolt with 1.5mm bit then a 2mm bit then used the hole boring side of one if the easy outs then flipped it around to use the exactor thread the smallest one on the very slowest speed on the drill it actually got a bite of the bolt and turned it like a quarter then the bit snapped ffs then trom ther on a used a small flat head and gently tapped it round until it came out woohoo haha but i dont recommend them bits like a say the first one snapped with the drillon the very slowest speed
So i managed to get it out in about 15 mins firstly drilled centre of bolt with 1.5mm bit then a 2mm bit then used the hole boring side of one if the easy outs then flipped it around to use the exactor thread the smallest one on the very slowest speed on the drill it actually got a bite of the bolt and turned it like a quarter then
Idk why it wont let me insert pictures now

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
then used the hole boring side of one if the easy outs then flipped it around to use the exactor thread the smallest one
I think that is the mistake.
The smallest is the weakest. I'd be tempted to keep drilling until I'm getting close to the largest that will fit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Grats :)

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Very good news, new bolt and spring washer and torque to spec, no tighter!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes. You squished it!
No thats the washer the opposite way round lol the first pic is the washer with the curve towards the bolt head the last is with the curve to the inside which is wrong athink jus making sure its right lol

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Lucky you got it out. I did say above those things snap off easily!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Lucky you got it out. I did say above those things snap off easily!
Yea ano mate once it happened athort am sure someone said tht lol and yea your right luckily a was able to tap it out as the drill bits wouldnt touch the bit of tip that was stuck in the bolt couldnt even get down the edge of it id probs suggest like someone said goin for the biggest extracter u can first and then still doin it by hand instead of insterting it in a drill on low speed
Few pics from the build top is were im at replaced pretty much all bolts lol just ordered whole new plastic set and battery hope to god it starts lmao

o
:LOL:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Lucky boy.

Its a cupped washer so its always good practice to replace everytime rather than re-use.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Dam, was that used in a beach race and left?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts