KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Not really a mid-life crisis (although they probably all say that!), but yesterday after a few months salivating, I bought a new Duke 125 in white.

I’m 44, I’ve never had a motorbike before but am heavily into Enduro Mountainbiking and during my lunch last August, I took a stroll around my local Ducati showroom, saw a Scrambler Desert Sled and fell in love. After a few visits I found out she was a high-class prostitute at £9500!!! So I set my heart on a Yamaha XSR700 at half the price.

A month later, and after having a brilliantly successful CBT on the ER-6n i was told go for your test, no lessons required. ( I pretty much drive for a living and so that was fine ) during the 1hour practice for the test I dropped the bike on a tight right turn that I didn’t want to use the rear brake for so I touched the front on full lock and down she went. Nerves shot, I failed the off road practical due to the same nervousness and also got the feeling the CBT might have been more luck that skill.

So, I decided to get a 125. My only reason for not getting one had been that I am 44 and 6’2” tall. But I saw the KTM and it’s a cracking bike, short but tall. It feels like a bigger bike than the other 125’s I’ve seen and it looks really Modern with good kit on it. I’ve actually went off the original retro look that drew me.

So, yesterday I bought the Duke 125 in white. I’m picking it up on Friday hopefully. This will be my 8th hour on a bike, so I’m hoping to get it the 90 min ride home in one piece. I live in NI, so the roads are poor and I live on the other side of the Mourne Mountains so wish me luck!

·
Registered
261 Posts
get some lesson before your bad habits stick. you need them.

Plus if you drive for a living you'll be a nightmare knwo it all, can't worry any prostitutes on a 125 though. :rotflmao:

never touch the front brake on the road under 10 mph. :scooter:

but welcome and keep the tyres down.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Sounds like you have done the right thing get the hang of the 125 then move up.. welcome to motorcycling it's a drug!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts