KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think with regards to green laning at the moment from a legal point of view during lockdown? On the 8th of March we are allow outside for recreation but are we still stuck to a 5 mile limit?

I'm sure that people are already going out on the lanes and that's up to them but I want to be legally 'in the right' when the bobble hats inevitably kick off.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I was looking at this but if you’ve seen 8th March for outdoor recreation then it’s game on, no?.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It does state that you can do stuff outdoors on the 8th, its the 5 mile limit that does not seem to be mentioned anywhere in the phases of the road map.

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
March 29th. No mention of area restriction (l think).

I am booked in with the Jones's for 23rd April - not sure if that (the riding aspect) will be happening ...... its not clear, but b&b wont be until may ......, so that rules it out really.

·
Administrator
9,424 Posts
I would agree with the 8th of March

Reactions: sidecarbod

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
I edited my post from 8th to 29th ...... as l misread - thinking about riding with others rather than solo .......

Solo riding from 8th though .....

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
If you are a cyclist...”what restrictions?”
They must be the highest outdoor transmitters of any group. No number control and riding a couple of feet apart shouting at each other.

In theory you could probably have gone trail riding at any time but explaining why you were in hospital after a prang would be somewhat embarrassing. I haven’t even ridden on the road since before the xmas lockdown.

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
Cyclists - you forgot them constantly shouting at each other - "pothole, car behind, turn right, etc", coupled with gobbing on the road ........ plenty of aerosol going on there .......

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
If we are in the garden, we can hear the bloody cyclists coming from 200 yards away at least. More noisy and intrusive than the massive tractors that go up and down our road day in, day out.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
I live on a cycle route. The way they flaunt the rules in massive groups is unreal. The village militia had to cordon off various areas to keep the fuckers away. The ones that stop get moved on pretty promptly.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I’ve been going out for my daily exercise through out, just so happens i was on my bike a lot of the time (KTM that Is) it was never restricted as far as Im concerned.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

I am booked in with the Jones's for 23rd April - not sure if that (the riding aspect) will be happening ...... its not clear, but b&b wont be until may ......, so that rules it out really.
Sleep in the van ? I would. Jonse’s is ace.

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
Yeah, agreed. Been there a few times now. Going with two mates with minimal dirtped experience, so hiring bikes off them - so no van going this time (and it would be far too cosy with 3 in a van for my liking .........)

·
Registered
312 Posts

I reckon it’s 29/3 when we can go

1 - 20 of 41 Posts