KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn’t know where else to post this so here goes:

I am increasingly having a problem with my big toe on my left foot whilst riding, it is no trouble at any other time, basically where the nail meets skin, the cuticle area, it’s gets really sore and sensitive to the point where I have to stop riding and remove my boot.

It’s as if the rib at the front of the sock is rubbing that area and making it hyper sensitive, I’ve tried pinching the sock between my toes to keep the seam away from the area but that does not seam to work; I have found putting a plaster over the area helps a little but is not a complete solution.

So I guess I’m asking if there are seamless lycra sock that would be suitable off-road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Sounds like the toe box on your boot doesn’t have enough volume? This presses the sock seam onto your toe, irritates it and then causes you the problem. If you boot has an insole then try a ride without out it. Is it any better with more volume? Most people’s feet are slightly different sizes. Issues like this can be super annoying and painful.

This kind of issue is more common with 4t riders but the data guys are saying that tpi owners are also developing a trend for these kind of complaints. The theory is it’s because they aren’t thinking about jetting/Tubliss/2t oil. Basically to much spare time. If you have a carbed bike and this is happening the data suggests you need a good talking to.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the toe box on your boot doesn’t have enough volume? This presses the sock seam onto your toe, irritates it and then causes you the problem. If you boot has an insole then try a ride without out it. Is it any better with more volume? Most people’s feet are slightly different sizes. Issues like this can be super annoying and painful.

This kind of issue is more common with 4t riders but the data guys are saying that tpi owners are also developing a trend for these kind of complaints. The theory is it’s because they aren’t thinking about jetting/Tubliss/2t oil. Basically to much spare time. If you have a carbed bike and this is happening the data suggests you need a good talking to.
Yep new (ish) Sidi trials boots, ultra narrow Italian feet design v my Yorkshire plates of meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sidi Crossfire (up one size) plus Sealskinz

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,765 Posts
You need to speak Lieutenant Dan Taylor (Forrest Gumps gaffer) and get some cushioned sole in OD green, he knows the importance of socks . . .

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Get the boots soaking wet. Inside and out. Then use these with something wedged in the toe box to create more volume.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Silk socks from Decathlon. Cool in summer and warm in winter. Silk is naturally slippery so you should get a lot less rubbing. Only about £8 a pair.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts