KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for delivery of 2020 SDR, have opted for all the bells and whistles, was wondering what you all think of them?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I tend to ride mine in sport mode, you can have sharper throttle response in Performance and Track mode which is good if you're pushing on but a little snatchy if you're not. Despite what you might have read or seen the bike doesn't wheelie every time you open the throttle (not if you're 15 stone anyway...), you can ride it pretty hard with anti-wheelie off without things getting too exciting unless you provoke it. I'm not aware of the electronics interfering on the road, although you know when the anti-wheelie's reigning things in, not ridden it on track yet so can't comment on how it behaves in that environment. So overall pretty good and you've got enough adjustability to set the bike up how you want it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to ride mine in sport mode, you can have sharper throttle response in Performance and Track mode which is good if you're pushing on but a little snatchy if you're not. Despite what you might have read or seen the bike doesn't wheelie every time you open the throttle (not if you're 15 stone anyway...), you can ride it pretty hard with anti-wheelie off without things getting too exciting unless you provoke it. I'm not aware of the electronics interfering on the road, although you know when the anti-wheelie's reigning things in, not ridden it on track yet so can't comment on how it behaves in that environment. So overall pretty good and you've got enough adjustability to set the bike up how you want it.
[
Now that's an answer!! Great stuff, thanks

·
Administrator
8,601 Posts
I would like to be able to adjust the MSR as right now it feels like zero engine braking and a bit would be nice for corner entry.

Reactions: TwoHats

·
Administrator
8,601 Posts
It's still got a fair bit of engine braking imo, Adz just needs to get his cornering sorted and lose less speed in the the first place 😄
You may be right. First advanced lesson next Friday.

Reactions: MacRR

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would like to be able to adjust the MSR as right now it feels like zero engine braking and a bit would be nice for corner entry.
They have definitely dialled out engine braking on this bike compared to the old bike, it might be my imagination but there's more engine braking in sport and track than street? Strange that because it should be the opposite.

I actually like street throttle map, its nice and progressive and lets you use a decent amount of throttle travel and plenty of roll in speed without engine braking, unlike the old bike there is a significant difference between street and sport. Tracks ok for a laugh but its a bit much :)

I am still trying to work out what is the point of modes when performance mode allows all the options albeit the rain map :unsure: That and the fact if you alter anything in performance mode it relates the data onto the track mode.
Has anyone altered the gear shift mechanical linkage to fast shift ? Along with moving the footrest back to a more aggressive position, I might give it a go tomorrow .

·
Registered
189 Posts
I tend to ride mine in sport mode, you can have sharper throttle response in Performance and Track mode.
There's only one more throttle mode above sport and that's track so you might as well leave it in performance option and select between the 3 throttle map options ?
I'm still trying to work out why its worth bothering with anything else :unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts