KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a heavy heart I watched My bike go away today ...... Really reluctant to sell it but having ridden it only twice in the last year it just had to go ... Got the full asking price as I would have kept it before dropping the price.
Will pop in from time to time. Cheers Fellas !!:cool:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
mate it must have been hard, stick around mate deosn't matter if you have no 8!
glad for you that you sold it though mate you've been trying for a long time and the market is pants at the mo!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
How much did you get from it and what milage did it have ?
Just curious.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full asking £8000,00 3400 miles 4.000s worth of Quality extras !!! I will never buy another KTM Product again since KTM Shafted all 2008/9 owners by dropping the price of a load of old stock and therefore devalued all existing owners bikes by a huge lump !
Yamaha did exactly the same with a load of early R1s around 2001 and a lot of customers still remember to this day

Shame realy as the RC8 is a fabulous bike !!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
! I will never buy another KTM Product again since KTM Shafted all 2008/9 owners by dropping the price of a load of old stock and therefore devalued all existing owners bikes by a huge lump !

isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!i'm pissed aswell with that shit

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yeap the price drop sucks ass (unless you are buying one now)
They just need to continue the tradition of shafting owners and drop the R-models price in half and I'll get one.

Well no matter what they cost mine is paid in full ages ago and love it so nothing to complain about really. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Full asking £8000,00 3400 miles 4.000s worth of Quality extras !!! I will never buy another KTM Product again since KTM Shafted all 2008/9 owners by dropping the price of a load of old stock and therefore devalued all existing owners bikes by a huge lump !
Yamaha did exactly the same with a load of early R1s around 2001 and a lot of customers still remember to this day

Standard business practice. What would you have done if you were KTM, you had financial troubles and loads of left over stock?? Sit on it, cross your fingers and hope for the best? It seems like what they've done has generated loads of sales which is good for their long term survival. The main thing they did wrong was to try and charge too much in the first place (and they're still doing that with the "new" models.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Bring on the RC8RR. In a store near you soon!!!:scooter:

PLC (less money than sense)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Standard business practice. What would you have done if you were KTM, you had financial troubles and loads of left over stock?? Sit on it, cross your fingers and hope for the best? It seems like what they've done has generated loads of sales which is good for their long term survival. The main thing they did wrong was to try and charge too much in the first place (and they're still doing that with the "new" models.
Is it standard business practice to shoot Yourself in the foot ?? Peter Smith the then general manager of Yamaha UK when Yam did it with the R1 as mentioned above said that it cost them a huge ammount of sales over many years cos buyers simply lost trust in the companys tactics !
Yes the cleared some old stock. But many frequent buyers Myself included will not trust KTM not to do it again !!
I repeat A fantastic product. But I personaly will never buy another KTM Machine. And trust Me Im not alone !!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well the thing is that the situation is complicated.
If you bought a RC8 for the list price in -08 or 09 and try to sell/trade it now you are going to loose money and be pissed off.

If you are buying a RC8 now you're getting a hell of a bike relatively cheap - Happy happy - joy joy.

Buying a brand new bike or a car is always a bad money investment since the price goes down the moment you ride/drive outta store.
The asking price for the RC8 brand new is higher than the jap bikes and the sales prices for used ones are pretty much the same so there's some money lost but I'd still rather ride the RC than a Blade or a GSX-R...

Than again Ducatis are eaven more expencive and not that easy to sell for any propper money when used...

I like what I bought and ride and that's the main thing - right.

Since Chukky didn't have use for the bike and "had" to sell it I understand he is upset.

I personally don't really care what mine cost when it feels good and rides well. :smokin:

I Knew it was a bit expencive when I bought it - Didn't care - Had a major "DAAAAMN I WANT ONE" moment.

As a bonus you get a bit of exclusivity and admiring looks at bike meetings and a bike that crashes well :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im not really bothered Mate. I genuinly had the bike sold for 8750 and had taken a deposit Right at the time KTM dropped the price !!! Another week and it would have gone ! Result was Buyer pulled out saying He either wanted a discount or He was going to buy a brand new one ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then the bike remained unsold untill the cheap stock was gone with every clever fucker pointing out that the bike had been for sale for months !!
I repeat Yamahe hugely regretted the move with the R1s and it took years for offended customers to return to thier fold !

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I almost traded my RC for the new BMW S1000rr But the crappy trade in walue persuaded me to keep the KTM and now I'm glad I did.

Beemer is a great bike but honestly like The KTM more.

Now saveing up money for a 600cc track-only-toy and try to stop crashing the RC :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was offered an S100RR Yesterday 10 plate with a full titanium system 1300 miles for 8999 !! No traction or ABS though.. So all bikes are loosing money dreadfully now Since the new government and thier measures are killing any sparks of confidence in things improving !!! Anyways Im taking a break from bikes for a while and if prices continue into freefall an RC8 will be around 5k come the dead of winter !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got my KTM RC8R in March this year at a cost of £12500. Been told by my local dealer yesterday that its worth £8500 max on a trade in, DOH.
£4000 in 5 months thanks KTM

·
Registered
63 Posts
coulldnt agreecmore ktm shite there marketing people have shafted us all i hope they go out of buisness my r is worth fuck all im tottally pissed with it its worth 8000 less than i paid in one year i would raather keep it like an old hesketh i will never consider this brand again total pants when it comes to after care resale in my opinion ktm as a manufacturer are dismal a freind has a limited bike with 2500 k on the clock 6 months old trade in on a desmo 9k ha ha i say fuck to ktm they are not worth anyones money full stop .......

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's only money and you make more of it eweryday.
Stop obsessing about the price and ride the bike.
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts