KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like the idea of ripping an 890 around the place with some sticky tyres on, could be a cracking bike for an evening thrash. Hope you manage to get it soon, be interested to hear what it’s like. And if you’re left with the Sdr for a little while longer with the roads the way they are, well......not exactly a bad situation to be in either ?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I wouldn’t be buying anything for a while.

Who knows what all this will do to prices? There will be dealers, and even manufacturers going pop left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Sit tight is the correct thing to do.
Don't do a Wazza and exclude yourself from 'He who dies with the most toys wins'

·
Registered
15,009 Posts
I was considering selling my SDR, probably ain’t worth shit now. No one is spending.
Be some cheap bikes, caravans, boats, jet skis etc though, Good time to buy up if ya rich bustard. Get some bargains. Wankers borrowed up to the poopa, need to off load.
Can only imagine trade in prices on bikes and cars now.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Adventures will be a good investment, the government has already blown the next 1000 years of pothole repair budget in 2 weeks of the Corona Virus.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Joking apart - I’m keen to know how the fuck the country can afford the measures being necessarily taken.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Joking apart - I’m keen to know how the fuck the country can afford the measures being necessarily taken.
Because at the budget next year (If there are any of us left) the tax rate will be 75% for all of us.:eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
War chest, every country should have one, gold reserves and quantitive easing by printing money. Watch the currencies fluctuate up and down against each other as they all print more money, America just found $2 Trillion and the pound has increased in value against it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We don’t have any gold as Gordon cnut head Brown sold it all when it was at rock bottom prices 😡

·
Registered
523 Posts
War chest, every country should have one, gold reserves and quantitive easing by printing money. Watch the currencies fluctuate up and down against each other as they all print more money, America just found $2 Trillion and the pound has increased in value against it.
Why has the pound increased against the dollar?
If the government prints more money why is that bad? Why do governments borrow money instead of just printing more?
Who made that rule up?!
I know inflation , but if I could print money instead of borrowing without anyone knowing I would!
Why don’t government just say we found some??

·
Registered
170 Posts
The more money you print and put into circulation the more you devalue it and ultimately drive hyper inflation. So unfortunately you can’t just sneakily print a load and hope no one notices

·
Registered
523 Posts
The more money you print and put into circulation the more you devalue it and ultimately drive hyper inflation. So unfortunately you can’t just sneakily print a load and hope no one notices
Why does it cause hyper inflation?
And how would anyone know?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you print money faster than the growth of real output then it devalues the money. In extreme circumstances this drives hyper inflation Eg between the wars in Germany people needed barrow loads of notes to buy things as the real value of a note of cash was so low. You can’t hide that as printing more money has a direct and potentially damaging effect on the economy of a country

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Loving how my thread has turned into an economics lesson.
I’m going to cancel the 890 order and either upgrade the 675 to an R model or see what sort of deal I can get on a 2020 Superduke.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We’ll all be millionaires soon and be able to afford a small loaf of bread....

21 - 38 of 38 Posts