KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Sunday I went for a walk over a very popular nature reserve area. The place has rare flowers/plants, ash trees, bird nesting and families with small kids, dogs, horse riders all milling about -you get the picture. Anyways some idiot on a Yz250 decided to go for a ride. The bike looked new and he was wearing full riding gear so not a chav. I was lost for words seeing him blast around with all this going on. Loads of people just stopped in utter amazement. It would t have been any worse had he been doing wheelies up the local high street. Loads of people on their phones probably calling the old bill and rightly so.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sunday I went for a walk over a very popular nature reserve area. The place has rare flowers/plants, ash trees, bird nesting and families with small kids, dogs, horse riders all milling about -you get the picture. Anyways some idiot on a Yz250 decided to go for a ride. The bike looked new and he was wearing full riding gear so not a chav. I was lost for words seeing him blast around with all this going on. Loads of people just stopped in utter amazement. It would t have been any worse had he been doing wheelies up the local high street. Loads of people on their phones probably calling the old bill and rightly so.
Utter twat!

In fact I've become far less tolerant of this sort of stuff since I started geen laning, I would 'dob' him/her in without a second thought

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have 0% time for anybody that rides without insurance but I remember doing Strata Florida lane & the police were waiting Tregaron end to check all the bikes were 100% road legal they did a few boys for small number plates & one lad for a motocross tyre. Also don’t trust the pigs.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Spending all that money on a new bike then it going in the crusher as you weren’t registered or insured. Unbelievable.

·
Administrator
9,443 Posts
Spending all that money on a new bike then it going in the crusher as you weren’t registered or insured. Unbelievable.
It just proves that they are idiots. It's very satisfying to know that that knob head is now sitting at home with no bike and most likely a finance agreement for the next 3 years.

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
695 Posts
allot of the bikes in the south wales bust were fully insured, legal etc but got taken for breaking covid rules & riding on common land - rightly or wrongly depending on your left/right swing. Personally I think we should be able to ride in at least "some" designated forestry and the more they remove legal off-roading, the bigger the problem will get. It's got to the point where I'm sick of following the ever increasing restrictions & the temptation to take a numberplate off and just ride where you want to is getting stronger! I've even looked at moving abroad to escape the bobble-hats and prejudice against the sport.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Usual stuff. Public road with legal use by vehicles. Locals complain of subjective "anti social behaviour" but the police can't be arsed to investigate even though reports include possible drug dealing and fly tipping. Solution: close the road.
Simples!

Try complaining about walkers leaving rubbish and wandering off in all directions. A mate has a public footpath running up his driveway and is sick of dogshit everywhere, especially when using his strimmer.

He has even had to fuck off a bunch of bobblehats sat on his patio eating their sandwiches!

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Your poor mate! I can imagine how that must piss him off. Perhaps he should block it off - l think l would.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
'Sake! - pebbledashing everywhere with strimmer propelled dogshit is more than enough, let alone that.

I have a nasty feeling that easing of lockdown, and restriction to 'staycations', will see far too many people pissing and moaning about trailriding on b.o.a.t.s ........... hopefully l am wrong.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Cyclists are pretty damn anti social scum.

Where I live get snot, spit and human shit left where they stop. Loads of rubbish from energy bars and gels. Things they leave on the walls, phones, GPS and keys (local militia bins them). We get tyres, tubes and other bicycle crap dumped. The local grass cutter wrecked a mower by finding a dumped chain in the grass.

Unfortunately we have to accept them and others. They and others should accept us. If we don’t accept each other we will all lose out.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Cyclists are pretty damn anti social scum.

Where I live get snot, spit and human shit left where they stop. Loads of rubbish from energy bars and gels. Things they leave on the walls, phones, GPS and keys (local militia bins them). We get tyres, tubes and other bicycle crap dumped. The local grass cutter wrecked a mower by finding a dumped chain in the grass.

Unfortunately we have to accept them and others. They and others should accept us. If we don’t accept each other we will all lose out.
CAN I HAVE A CYCLIST RANT NOW :ROFLMAO: riding in Alps,mountains places like that on road bikes...cyclist really piss me off...along with campers

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
CAN I HAVE A CYCLIST RANT NOW :ROFLMAO: riding in Alps,mountains places like that on road bikes...cyclist really piss me off...along with campers
To a large degree we are visiting their patch in many places, cycling is huge in france.

Still fucked me off when col d'izoard was closed for 2 hours for cyclist use last time we were there, had to skirt round on main road and as well as missing one if our favourite passes we both got nabbed by speed camera so it cost 150 quid to miss out.

Still most cyclists are ok, like bikers, just they too have a fairly large minority that really fuck it up for the rest.

I am anti-arsehole, cant stand bikers who just piss of every Walker, cyclist, motorist by being a selfish arrogant prick either.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
To a large degree we are visiting their patch in many places, cycling is huge in france.

Still fucked me off when col d'izoard was closed for 2 hours for cyclist use last time we were there, had to skirt round on main road and as well as missing one if our favourite passes we both got nabbed by speed camera so it cost 150 quid to miss out.

Still most cyclists are ok, like bikers, just they too have a fairly large minority that really fuck it up for the rest.

I am anti-arsehole, cant stand bikers who just piss of every Walker, cyclist, motorist by being a selfish arrogant prick either.
I AVOID FRANCE :D full of dog shit and nasty cops:ROFLMAO:😈

21 - 38 of 38 Posts