KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honestly, the world is awash with them, lazy, incompetent, liars, chancers. It’s got worse since this COVID lark, fucking mongs everywhere, below is an assortment of experiences I’ve had / having over the last few weeks

Work being done on my house, kitchen, bifolds, windows, doors, extension etc. absolute gang of cunts working on it

1. Plasterer let me down 3 times, all kinds of excuses
2. Flooring guy let me down today
3. Builder doing knock out and bi-folds postponed twice now - DEFINITELY coming on Thursday 😒
4. Joiner didn’t turn up last week to fit doors, can’t get hold of him now

Bike dealer

1. As per other post, I’m going to chop this cunt

Work

Compliance issues across every contract we run, FM Managers have been getting compliance work done ie EICR and just filing the reports without completing any remedial work ! Fucking thick cunts on £45 - £50k a year !!!!

I honestly don’t know where to start, it’s like the world is paralysed in some mong fest, drooling, groaning, unable to complete mundane daily tasks without being a mong or a cunt !

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Have you ever considered it might not be everyone else

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It’s a very simple process...Covid has turned the world to shit...when you have that light bulb moment you’ll be just fine 😀

Start of Covid this time last year go and buy to decent electric mountain bikes, we’ve ridden more than 2000 miles in the last year, we go in the shop asking about new stock and models ?? 2023 they say 😳😳😳😳

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Different problem....how the fuck do you work that out....the world doesn’t know if it’s on its arse or its elbow unless you over 70 and had two jabs.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It’s all right talking like that...they know we’re you live....4 heavies turn up with a trowel to your throat...you’ll sing like a canary.

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They’ve got so much work on they can pick and choose, got mates in various trades and they are rammed with work. This is why they are being cunts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Same here, but worse. Various neighbours are having the piss taken out of them by various builders. On one side, the bloke is in the business. He's a very well off plumber, and they've been fucking about with the re-rendering of his gaff for over a year. It's not a massive house, but it's still far from done 12 months on. And it's cost over a £100K already. On the other side a poor sod has had some blokes show up every couple of weeks to fuck about with his roof. And then fuck off again.

I just wouldn't dare. Let the gaff erode and then sell it and move to somewhere fresh. House prices have been so mental for so long it makes no sense to put up with spastics. You make a ton of cash even if the roof is hanging off.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Next door to us had a scaffold roof while they reworked the whole roof layout.
Scaffolders came for a couple or hours per day for about 10 days before it was finished.
It took them three weeks to get it removed as they just used it as free storage until they had somewhere to take it.
Anyone below management needs to allow at least 2 hours per day for phone activity, plus tea, plus sarnie breaks etc.
The only saving grace is they charge per installation, not per week so overruns don’t get expensive. We had flapping tarpaulins outside our bedroom window from October to March, in one of the windiest winters for years.
It was worth the suffering though as we have finally lost the view from our sofa of PVs on stands on a flat roof.

Reactions: Miner

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
I've had it too. We had a new kitchen in January and ordered a fridge freezer and cooker, very long story but they both ended up getting sent back for a refund. The delivery/installers of the American style fridge had to remove its doors to get it in the house. When they refitted them they rounded every screw using an electric screw diver. When they eventually took it back they couldn't get the doors off because of it. Their only option was to break the hindges off to get it out. Fucking muppets.

Reactions: Bollocks and Miner

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
And I still don't have a cooker after 4 months.

Reactions: Bollocks and Miner

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Our new kitchen got delivered back in February with 10 drawer fronts missing, one door the wrong size and three doors either with no hinge holes or on the wrong side. Cue two week or so wait for the rest. The only thing is, we aren't sure we actually got charged for them in the first place and the kitchen company have been pretty good about it so all is well at the end.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thank goodness we sent all those Polish tradespeople who were taking work off our lads away, eh?

We've now got control of our fish, and we have our own incompetent cowboy builders back on the take.

The Polish guy who works on our house isn't going back, thankfully.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Sounds great... that’s what it’s like every day at work in the Middle East. I think the laws are as tough to discourage you from just beating the shite out of the people you work with.

Regarding cnut tradesmen, I’ve lobbed a few of them out mid job that I know well personally... told them I’d rather support the guys I know... but if they want to come the cnut, they’ll get treated like any other underperforming contractor and binned. Do a lot of outage works across the sectors, turning them over doesn’t bother me.

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It’s an absolute piss take at the moment, I asked a landscaper I know to build me a Pergola over my patio, wanted £2200 supply and fit but fucked me about with dates. Then says he could supply the kit for £1500 without fitting.

I went to the local timber merchants and specced the identical kit and got the lot delivered for £450

Fitted it myself over a weekend, enjoyed it too and its fucking bang on

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I had a ton of top soil to get rid of so I took to the local dump, jump done. But I was outraged by the que at the dump and the jobs worth threatening to weigh my van because he reckoned I had more than what is allowed.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts