KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got pulled today in Lincolnshire :hmh: ...wondered if anyone has any info on this procedure ...I was going up the road at a fair speed (08-90+) I eventually slow down for a roundabout and after about 30 seconds a cop bike wails up behind and pulls me in.
According to him I was timed between two points giving him my speed of 108 (in a 60 zone :frown:) my fault yes i know ....

but has anyone had experience of this sort of speeding offence and is there any way I can appeal against the accuracy of this measured distance method?

one thing ...he said it took him 3-4 miles to catch me up (i'm sure he was way far behind to get any video evidence) also he didn't even know my reg number until we were stationary when he wrote it down so that being the case how did he know it was me and not someone else on an orange bike?

...any info' welcome

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like I need some soap on a rope then?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
What evidence can he produce in court to prove that it was you doing 108mph?

Get a decent lawyer
+1

Don't forget he has to prove it was you, beyond reasonable doubt.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Get a Lawyer / Barrister that majors in speeding offences....this will be a ban

Questions to ask your self

Has my bike got any distinguishing features?

Was I wearing easily recognisable riding kit / helmet?

Do you have a loud pipe?

Was he using VASCAR (Time distance computer)?

Was he on his bike and moving (using his Speedo to ascertain your speed) when he clocked you?

Was he by him self ?

Even a traffic cop needs Corroborating evidence (Radar, VASCAR, Calibrated Speedo, second opinion) or his evidence would just be 'In his Opinion' you were doing .....this speed,………… still carries alot ot weight in court....but a clever lawyer can pick holes in this

Were you in sight as you went around the roundabout (how many exits)?

Were there any other motorcycles in the vicinity?

Was it actually you he clocked?

Your answer to these questions will deside how much ammunition your Lawyer has

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quickly paint your bike black and then set your digital camera date to a few days ago and take some pictures of it with the date stamp on. Then eat the camera you used so no evidence exists ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
equipment fitted to the cops bike varies from force however all of them have a speed distance recorder it could be provida or vascar they do the same thing, the provida system is digital and incoporates video so this is very accurate, also cops can submit eveidence soley based on there opinion on three areas (speed, weather, and being drunk) the cop does not have to follow you either the system is set when you pass a static point for example road sign junction etc after a distance he then checks it again at another point and the sytem callobrates the distance and speed and this becomes your average speed. depending on what system is used it requires calobration daily or weekly and i have no doubt the cop will put this in his statement. I take it due to the speed that a efpn was not issued at the roadside and you were reported for summons. In the next couple of months you will receive a letter from your local mags court offering a number of options plead guilty dont attend court, plead not guilty, plead guilty and attend court and there is also the possibilty that the speed was so great you dont get the choice and go to court. if you plead guilty you will be banned, if you plead guilty attend court and give some sort of excuse plead hardship i.e. require licence for work etc apologise etc you will not get banned but will get a hefty fine. if you plead not guilty and the case is adjourned for whatever reason and you are found guilty you will get extra costs bigger fine and banned, they also could go down the lines of dangerous depending on the bigger picture etc. its upto you i would bite the bullet you have been caught plead guilty but attend court it could have been worse at that speed the cop might have been knocking on the door of your next of kin with the dreaded death message thats not good. hope i have offered you a balanced view good luck stay safe thanks jeff

·
Registered
273 Posts
i will let you decide its always good to have a different point view and offer an objective view and i am sure the forum will benifit , Policeman Potter - not to be confused with PC McGarry (of Camberwick Green), Policeman Potter was the officer of the law at Trumpton he was right soft shite though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i will let you decide its always good to have a different point view and offer an objective view and i am sure the forum will benifit
Totally agree

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok, well you cant spell (benefit) so maybe you are a copper :D

I once got stopped by a really tosser bike cop, he gave me a producer for absolutely nothing at all except that i rode past him and stared at him. He got his little producer book out and said whats your name so i looked where my name was going to be written which was a small space and told him my name. But i only gave him my first 2 names then he said whats your address and i said my third name, he said "what?" so i told him my name was the 3 names i just gave him, he had to write down the side of the ticket and put a little arrow up to my second name, then he said whats your address so i told him my surname, he said "what?" and i told him my name which is 4 names long, he had to write at the bottom of the pad and put another little arrow up to the name box.

I took it to the police station with my details and they looked at it and said what happened here, so i just shrugged my shoulders and said i dont know maybe he was having a bad day.

What a twat!

Another time i got pulled and he babbled on at me about safety and other shit, when he set off again none of the tail lights on the right hand side of his car where working, so i flagged him down at a traffic light, told him to wind his window down and said its dangerous to drive with broken tail lights maybe you should get them fixed.

What a twat!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I dont know a single copper i would want as a friend, one of my mates was a right laugh at school, he became a copper and turned into a total arsehole. It may be me but when i go out for a drink with mates i dont want to stand around talking about copper things, at cop school do they remove your sense of humour and brain wash you into being an arrogant tosser, i will give everyone a chance when i meet them but i bet if i spent 20 minutes talking to random people at the end of it i could tell you who the copper was just from their demeanor.

If everyone was nice then the world would be a better place and coppers would have less work to do.

I dont know one good cop!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts