KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a standard ktm speedo on an 05 exc -

trying to change it to 17" setting but the thing won't budge. Had gear4 on the phone - they said cut the black wire to access loads more options including change wheel size, hold the O button down for 3 seconds and off you go. Only I did cut the black wire and STILL nothing happened.

short of splashing out £100 for a new speedo I'm at my wits end!!!! :mad:

any ideas, help, offer of a 2nd hand speedo gratefully received. I have read the guide on here about disconnecting the speedo completely but still no joy. :confused::confused::confused:

part number on the side is 548 14 069 100 but it also lists the other presets for km/h and 17" settings

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fixed! doused it in WD40, took it for a ride, and got someone else to press the buttons and as if by magic it worked again. Seems the wee buttons are prone to stop working quite a lot. If your + button doesn't work you've got trouble.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate ktm speedo's! After you access the WS flashing icon you have to press + to start editing the size. unfortunately for me my + button was shagged and only worked once in every 20 attempts. Most frustrating thing ever! I was 5 seconds away from buying a vapor:mad:

all's well now though. bike is finally finished :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts