KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a brand new speedo with the 12' bike I bought at Christmas, but it started to fade in and out a bit, then come on its its own, then lose big chunks of time. It lasted til 18 hours then died in the parc ferme last weekend when it got rained on!

The guy who sold the bike to me was good enough to produce another new one last week, which came straight on and appeared to work perfectly. Over night the gremlins returned and that now only comes on if I press the plus button and hold it down - when I release it the display disappears.

Are these throw away jobs, or is it worth trying to fix them - they both look new new? The "wet" one has been in the airing cupboard since Wednesday and now comes on, but it has reset itself to 0 hours etc. When I press the function button nothing happens, although its not connected to the bike yet.

There is evidence of moisture having got into the original unit leaving a Blue residue on some of the solder and what looks like rusty stains around two of the function switches.

Contact cleaner and fiddling - or bin em?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I use the 12' to let peeps know that its a 2012 model bike.

The KTM bit and it being in the Off Road and Enduro section, I hoped gave the rest away ;)

The original one works now, but I cant change any of the functions on it, so it's done 0 Kms right now!
You proberly won't get any help off 'peeps' being a clever twat.

I too have never heard anyone call a bike, model, make by half of a year....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.