KTM Owners Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
The upcoming recession may slow down the number of WOKE muppets buying electric cars as they have to tighten their belts a bit.

The smug pricks crawling about town in their leccy cars do my head in, "Look at me saving the planet", No, look at your car that has ten times the carbon footprint to produce as my Astra, and unless you clock up about 3 million miles in the fucking thing you would have benefited the planet a lot more had you bought a V12 Ferrari you prick! And that assumes:

1. All your Electric is green
2. Wind Turbines grow out of the ground naturally and have a zero carbon footprint to produce
3, When you have clocked up your 3 million miles there is no carbon footprint associated with getting rid of these batteries.

I bet a lot of these twats used to have the "Nuclear Power, No Thanks" stickers, perhaps concerned about what we will do with all the nuclear waste. "Hello!"

With some luck there will still be a lot of petrol vehicles until at least 2050, so I can retire and have a few years riding about....

...Unless of course by then electric bikes have a 250+ mile range, 125+ BHP, weigh under 200kg and you can charge them up anywhere in a matter of minutes.
Got no interest in any of that, Quiet so loads more places to use them and a lot less maintenance.

·
Registered
10,629 Posts
I wonder if the woke muppets will be buying electric vehicles regardless if they have the money/need? Just look at Tesla. They’ve just hiked prices again. This means a year old car with 20k miles on it has lost pretty much no money. Electric to run them is far cheaper than fuel right now so there is more savings. The batteries are 97% recyclable. If they have solar at their house/work then a lot of juice for daily commute work is free. These facts mean it’s not a bad idea to go electric. In 2030 you won’t be able to even buy a new dino burner.

Where I live the farms are selling up. Turbines and solar farm popping up all over the place. Free electric to the locals. £65k a year into the village fund. That’s a hard deal to ignore. These are farmers that have been there for generations yet they still leap at the chance of simple and quick cash over graft.

I bet these exact same discussions took place when petrol overtook steam, probably also the same when steam took over from wind/horses. It’ll always change for whatever the top investment groups need to sell.

Micro nuclear will come regardless of Croc wearing monkeys. Lots of tiny nuclear plants makes a lot of sense. Stickers are for dirt bikes!

I’m all for it. I think it’s amazing to see this change. Even BMW/Audi etc are scrabbling about to make electric cars ASAP. They are in such a flap they are not even creating a specific chassis, they are using the same ones as before with a transmission tunnel. Doh!

Refusing the electric future isn’t going to work. Flat earth society type thinking. Do you live in a bungalow? If not and you have stairs then you already know that you will succumb to progress and accept the future. Once upon a time stairs were a new fangled thing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
🤣🤣🤣 mine was December 3rd but moved to Feb or March I believe. I'll double check later (my sons locked me out my emails to check by changing the xbox password ffs!)
you'll have to give me a heads up if it's shit so I can reject mine too

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I checked with stark and that is the correct date the 2nd december 22, I can only find one person before that who is just north of me with a delivery date 2 days before mine :oops:
I also asked about a video of a battery swap and about the cost of a second battery........they AGAIN went un answered. No doubt at some point before delivery they are going to want £11,000 paying in to there account without seeing the bike:unsure:

41 - 46 of 46 Posts