KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up at 12.45am this morning to the lovely sound of an angle grinder and my disc lock alarm screaming.

Called the police (who were totally useless sadly), Almax chain was off in about 5 mins, disc lock took another 4 mins or so. Shouted at them and then watched from the window as there were a couple of them and I'll be fu**ed if I'm getting knifed over a bike. Guy on a moped with the rear light detached so couldn't see his number plate. Other guy ran the bike down the street and then I lost sight of them. My guess is they wheeled it round the corner and stuck it in a van.

Police showed up about 20 mins after the c**ts had taken the bike saying that they'd 'done a sweep of the area'. 12 hours later just got an email to say the 'case is now closed'.

Good old London.

Bike's probably out of the country by now, but any advice?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Woke up at 12.45am this morning to the lovely sound of an angle grinder and my disc lock alarm screaming.

Called the police (who were totally useless sadly), Almax chain was off in about 5 mins, disc lock took another 4 mins or so. Shouted at them and then watched from the window as there were a couple of them and I'll be fu**ed if I'm getting knifed over a bike. Guy on a moped with the rear light detached so couldn't see his number plate. Other guy ran the bike down the street and then I lost sight of them. My guess is they wheeled it round the corner and stuck it in a van.

Police showed up about 20 mins after the c**ts had taken the bike saying that they'd 'done a sweep of the area'. 12 hours later just got an email to say the 'case is now closed'.

Good old London.

Bike's probably out of the country by now, but any advice?
Sorry for your loss but....... I would have taken my baseball bat to the cunts - Moped lad first, then in for the twat on the grinder. I genuinely couldn't just watch it happen. My hard work has enabled me to buy my bikes and if you come into my castle uninvited then prepare for the consequences. Fucking filthy scroates.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Next time boil a kettle whilst you're watching them and throw it over the cunts or get in your car and run them over.
Probably what I would of done with the red mist, but likely to get me in more trouble than them in this shit country of ours.

I think if I lived in a city I'd have a blank firing gun, that way you can run out "hot" firing blanks at them.. That'll make the buggers leg it.
Much better idea, ram a small stone up the barrel so the first "blank" carries a bit of a sting ;-)

Probably get the police there quicker too
Or just phone them back 2 minutes after 1st call and tell them not to hurry cos you have whacked them with a baseball bat and they went limp and collapsed and you're pretty sure they are dead, so they can come round in the morning as you will just pop the bodies in the garage for now to stop the foxes and rats eating them.

...Bet they would be there in seconds!

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
Saluting blanks filled with rocksalt and fabric dye. Stingy tattoo time.

I have been there recently. Bike theft is a proper head fuck.

Advice? Allow yourself to be angry for as long as it takes to get it out of your system.

Take 3 days off work to deal with the other robbing cunts - the insurance company.

Good luck with a speedy resolution.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Sorry bud... that’s . Golf club also a good red mist weapon... especially the putter... got a old set that were my cousin’s old ones... I’m not a golfer. I think I’d be a red mist court case... I’d be out with the dogs and a chib... back home would be in the position to fire a couple of shotgun rounds in the air too... no doubt lose your licence though for reckless use.

Bike thieves are the nonces of theft.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It’s so fucking annoying the police can’t stop and catch the thieves whilst a crime is in progress. I’ve had bikes nicked twice over the years and it hurts. Got the last one on cctv ram raiding the place, alarm going off and dragging the locked bike out, which makes it worse. My fault for not using a ground anchor as well. Angle grinders go through anything with enough time though and it sounds like you’d done your best.

The previous one years ago, I found out who the thief was and I retrieved the bike after after having a chat about the wrongs of stealing bikes.

I feel your anger and disgust. Sorry mate.

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
A welder mate advised me just last week - to make things harder to cut through with an angle grinder, run a weld bead using 'facing rods'.

As far as bike thieves go, putting the cunts in a hole is the only solution.

·
Registered
504 Posts
when you get the cunts, trade in their hands for the bike.

back in the UAE there was no nicking stuff, you'd be ashamed walking around without your hands and everybody knew what you'd done.... most of em killed themselves due to the shame of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think if I lived in a city I'd have a blank firing gun, that way you can run out "hot" firing blanks at them.. That'll make the buggers leg it.
Haha yeah that'd be good...although the police would probably leave the thieves to it and arrest you for firearms offenses.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for your loss but....... I would have taken my baseball bat to the cunts - Moped lad first, then in for the twat on the grinder. I genuinely couldn't just watch it happen. My hard work has enabled me to buy my bikes and if you come into my castle uninvited then prepare for the consequences. Fucking filthy scroates.
Yeah the thought did cross my mind more than a couple of times. Just seen far too many videos of people trying to stop robbing little cunts and ending up with a screwdriver or knife between their ribs. Or with their head kicked in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s so fucking annoying the police can’t stop and catch the thieves whilst a crime is in progress. I’ve had bikes nicked twice over the years and it hurts. Got the last one on cctv ram raiding the place, alarm going off and dragging the locked bike out, which makes it worse. My fault for not using a ground anchor as well. Angle grinders go through anything with enough time though and it sounds like you’d done your best.

The previous one years ago, I found out who the thief was and I retrieved the bike after after having a chat about the wrongs of stealing bikes.

I feel your anger and disgust. Sorry mate.
Cheers bud. Yeah that's probably the worst thing about it...the police could have easily stopped them if they'd got their shit together. I'm proper pissed off, but also kind of at peace with the fact that I couldn't have done much more about it. It took them 10 minutes to get it (I was asleep for 5 - sleep in the back bedroom though to be fair) testament to Almax chains and the little beast disc lock I had. But the neighbour saw them from the start and called the police straight away and then called me. The only other thing was I was thinking of sticking a tracker on it this week...that's pretty fucking annoying that I didn't. Just fucks me off that you can't have anything nice...the little cunts probably think it's a victimless crime because insurance pays out.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
back in the UAE there was no nicking stuff...
Sadly it’s creeping in... due to COVID-19 and furlough, businesses going pop... there’s been lots of bikes up for sale and lots of them going missing... dirt bikes, road bikes, track bikes... most of them probably chopped up in the breakers years of Sharjah. Not sure about the frames and engines but assume they get repurposed somehow... usual tactics apply.

Still a lower order crime... too hard box for the police as it’ll be between emirates within an hour or so... COVID border restrictions did put the brakes on it though. Petty theft still goes largely unreported. People getting paid a pittance nicking stuff people with more money than common sense leave lying at their arse is almost seen as a victimless crime. Danger in harms way.

Despite the relative security I still leave nothing out and nothing unlocked, had my fingers burnt when we first moved to Dubai. Living in Abu Dhabi now line of sight opposite one of the major district police stations so not bad... bikes are inside besides my four dogs. All welcome to try... still got my putter as well...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts