KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
Facing rods - for a stick welder - make for a very strong weld. Facing rods are used in high impact areas / repairs such as digger buckets etc. Welder matey said that the welds from facing rods resist angle grinder attack very well. Thats all l know Charlie.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sadly it’s creeping in... due to COVID-19 and furlough, businesses going pop... there’s been lots of bikes up for sale and lots of them going missing... dirt bikes, road bikes, track bikes... most of them probably chopped up in the breakers years of Sharjah. Not sure about the frames and engines but assume they get repurposed somehow... usual tactics apply.

Still a lower order crime... too hard box for the police as it’ll be between emirates within an hour or so... COVID border restrictions did put the brakes on it though. Petty theft still goes largely unreported. People getting paid a pittance nicking stuff people with more money than common sense leave lying at their arse is almost seen as a victimless crime. Danger in harms way.

Despite the relative security I still leave nothing out and nothing unlocked, had my fingers burnt when we first moved to Dubai. Living in Abu Dhabi now line of sight opposite one of the major district police stations so not bad... bikes are inside besides my four dogs. All welcome to try... still got my putter as well...
perhaps now more than when I was there. we've seen in the flesh the Emirates evolve and grow to what it was in 1985 to 2007, and Dubai for that matter grow too much into the liberal and arrogant city it is (and always will be).
back in those days you were actually scared of the police and not even think about nicking stuff.
bottom line is, even for you, you are a guest in their country and on a sponsorship, and you didn't was to risk that!

Reactions: Miner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts