KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Just change insurance company, my mate did and he got the new bike insured cheaper.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It doesnt rain it pours.

Bikesure have told me that my pending insurance renewal will not cover me for theft because of the claim for the 2 bikes.

WTF are you supposed to do?

Anyone been in this situation and got cover?
fuck sake, its illegal to use a vehicle on the road without insurance, how come they have the right to say you cant claim for theft again? Whats the point of insuring it through them.

Bet if you leave due to the above, they will stall or not want to pay out for the current claim.

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yeah, stolen under current policy.

They contacted me today re pending insurance renewal (multibike policy) and said that none of their insurers would cover me for theft (but would cover everything else) .......

........ it was like a kidney punch.

I need to get on the phone.

If anyone has experience of getting insurance ok after theft, then l would appreciate some info.

Cheers

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just make sure that you declare the current claim to any prospective insurer. If you don't and they find out later on they can cancel your policy and that's a big black mark against you. It can put a lot of future insurers off.
From what I remember, all claims are treated as your fault unless it is settled as a "no fault" claim. I found that out when someone clobbered my car in a company car park whilst I was 1/2 mile away from the empty car. Thefts are treated as fault claims as there's no other party to claim against and it's a loss against the insurer.

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I will be declaring it, l dont fancy having extended insurance trauma through fraudulent info.

Feeling bashed about at the moment, and moreso today because of my insurers standpoint.

Also fucking annoyed that the thiefs actions continue to cause me problems.

Something wrong with a system where the victim gets to take the financial brunt every which way.

Its really impacting on any bike shaped enjoyment that is left.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I will be declaring it, l dont fancy having extended insurance trauma through fraudulent info.

Feeling bashed about at the moment, and moreso today because of my insurers standpoint.

Also fucking annoyed that the thiefs actions continue to cause me problems.

Something wrong with a system where the victim gets to take the financial brunt every which way.

Its really impacting on any bike shaped enjoyment that is left.
Can start to imagine how you feel. My biggest fear about having the bikes nicked isn't the immediate loss, it's the persistent impact that could make me jack it in completely. It is so unfair that the victim is left out of pocket for years to come and has to suffer all the stress while there appears to be very little support from the police, legal system or insurers.

I genuinely worry that I would catch someone in the act as I can't see any other way out of it than killing them and hiding the bodies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The way insurance look at it, if you claim regardless of fault statistics show you will claim again, my wife’s car was written off a few years ago it was parked up (she was in the house) anyway the other drivers insurance payed out no problem but on renewal my wife’s insurance went up by 15%. Regardless of fault your fucked. what gets me the two cunts that caused all this shit will get minimal punishmen.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are you allowed their contact details I wonder.. probably not... but it would be satisfying to be able to invoice them for the following years premium increase. Then take them to small claim court over it, get a CCJ slapped on them after they don't pay, finally send in the bailiff to seize their big ass TV and collection of stolen smart phones..

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Hi Steve - my thoughts entirely! Not much fun dealing with loss of bikes/damage/police/insurance ...... all of which is ongoing.

Nick? did you mean name? Adapted slightly amongst other details to remove paranoia inducing information about me.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I am gutted for you Andrew. That's such a pain. Can remember when my street bikes were stolen about 10 years ago. It still raises my blood pressure when I think that them cunts never have been brought to justice. my bikes were not insured for theft :(

As Al said I hope I never will surprise such bastards at scene as I would kill them and then end my life in jail.

Yep, it was Shipxxxxx before but it says Ship now. First thought the new forum software just shortened the nick name but it seems you changed it. I keep my fingers crossed for you that the insurance will pay your loss. That is the least I can do....

81 - 100 of 149 Posts