KTM Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Hey! That's good news Andrew. At least the cunts that stole it haven't ruined it. Did the coppers say anything about the 300? It seems clear that the 300 went the same route. Did they catch one of the feckin' bastards? or how did they get hold of your bike? Sorry, lot of questions...
No news on the 300, but who knows what might happen. The situation is all part of an ongoing investigation, so l will have to keep schtum (you never know, they may be lurkers on here ........ )

·
Registered
335 Posts
ship that is awesome. hopefully the smoker will be recovered safely too

it's rare to hear a happy ending cases like this. really happy for ya bud (y)

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Thanks Sand ...... yeah, fingers crossed for the smoker, but l am not expecting to see it back.

As you say, its not usual to get a bike back and it makes you rethink your security big time.

The storage place l went to today was full of bikes - most of which were either scoots or dirtbikes.

There has to come a time that someone gets all Tony Martin on someone. Bring it on .......

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Bloody good news that you got at least one bike back and its not been fucked up. I really hope that for once the scum actually get nicked for this and its a decent sentence.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Thanks Pete ...... its all a bit fucked up our 'justice' system ..... l dont want to go all grumpy old man (l am only 52 :) ..... ), but l remember being frogmarched home by a beat bobby at 06:30 and having to explain to my irate parents why l didnt have lights on my bike doing my paper round ........ imagine that happening now!

Something has gone seriously wrong somewhere along the line.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
From what I’ve been listening to, the police (or at least the police unions) are trying to find any excuse possible not to get involved in anything to do with policing needed for Coronavirus.....maybe unless it involves racing around on empty roads with blue lights flashing.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Great news for you, I’m delighted they’ve caught some bastards. All I got was a crime reference

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I think that that was all l would have got if it wasnt for me hounding them to pursue evidence that l was able to provide. CCTV is the answer, or at least it was for me.

A matey sparkie has just installed the system from screwfix (5 cameras and a hard drive which you link to a pc monitor) which for about £250 is bloody impressive as the quality of image is good.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I think that that was all l would have got if it wasnt for me hounding them to pursue evidence that l was able to provide. CCTV is the answer, or at least it was for me.

A matey sparkie has just installed the system from screwfix (5 cameras and a hard drive which you link to a pc monitor) which for about £250 is bloody impressive as the quality of image is good.
I had them on CCTV both ours and the neighbours, watched them at work. CCTV couldn't pick up the reg plate but the cops just said it'd be false anyway.
BTW Bemoto were superb at handling my claim.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Yeah, BEMOTO have my business from now on, they have been very understanding - good to know they are good with claims too. Conversely, bikesure have been properly shit - l wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire ....... caused me nothing but stress.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
No news on the 300, but who knows what might happen. The situation is all part of an ongoing investigation, so l will have to keep schtum (you never know, they may be lurkers on here ........ )
Yep, understand that. Let me know in case you get 'em names. You can choose which one I borrow you, the 9mm Glock or the 45 Colt ;-)

121 - 140 of 149 Posts