KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now here's an idea......maybe we would could negotiate a good dicount if 5-10 people bought at the same time - if so put your name down on this thread if your interested............this is how it will work

• you put your name down to confirm commitment to buy (they cost about $195 (+£20tax) delivered but we should be able to get a fair % off depending on number)
  • I will then negotiate a discount on your behalf
  • I will then PM you with a discount code
  • you sort out directly any questions / queries with them (NOT ME:D)
  • you then order and pay direct with the supplier
  • simples.....
link to website - we should be able to get a % discount depending on numbers....

Their website is http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

Thanks to Gareth for the folloing post with all the information you need but were afraid to ask :

Couldn't find the thread where Mooky brought these up, but I finally got around to taking some pics of mine for you all to see and judge for yeeselves. :scooter:

They are only available from the U.S and I couldn't find anyone here who had them for their opinion but over on advrider they get a good write up from those that have them. :cool:

So, it was a bit of a punt getting them but I have to say they are quality. Big and chunky bars with good clearance for the pinky :eek:, and they bolt to a new top clamp rather than something which grips around the bars. Where they bolt to the adaptor on the top clamp there is a small bracket which would allow a tiny rotation of the guards should you clout it hard enough, but only about an inch either way I would suspect - makes sense really as some of the impact would have to be absorbed rather than transmitted elsewhere - things like this small bracket really highlight the thinking that went into them. ;)

Anyway, some pics....

In the box you get...

I had asked for black guards but they gave me both anyway, which is cool in case I break one

Front view

You can see how fat the ends of the bar are which translates to heavy duty mo fo

Here the mirror is folded out - this is the icing on the cake as now on the trails you can just fold them back in, plus I have gotten rid of the standard mirrors which although good vision I did find rather odd looking

Mirror folded in sits away from levers and doesn't get in the way at all

Top clamp looks hard as nails. There's also slots available for various switches that you may have/want to put in

Takes 20 mins to fit, no tapping of the bars is needed and they look and feel quality.

I dealt with Paul, and his customer service was first class, lots of e-mails which he was happy and quick to reply to, and payment was through paypal. I cannot recommend them enough - I was going to fit some Acerbis ones but when putting them on a bolt sheared :eek: which mad me look elsewhere.

Price was $195 for the whole lot including mirrors plus £20 in customs fees :censored::censored::censored: but well worth it IMO.

Their website is http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

Go buy some :scooter:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would be interested.......or shall we just go through Adv Rider.......like to change the mirrors as I think they cause some of the buffeting. I'll wait the update as I imagine they would match the 10%

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be interested.......or shall we just go through Adv Rider.......like to change the mirrors as I think they cause some of the buffeting. I'll wait the update as I imagine they would match the 10%
i was going to leave it a couple of weeks (because i'm in no rush having bought some ally guards); then see how much interest there is......... if there is enough interest, its worth making the call to see if they will do better than 10%, if not i'll probably get some using the adv discount or just stick with the ones ive got and get some underbar mirrors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts