KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So jumped on the new 990 and headed for the coast , back roads and not a car in sight ... wonderful
[/IMG]

Decided to park up and have a nice Beer and a crepe in the spring sunshine when I heard a horrid noise and up pulls a large German Tank and parks right next to the KTM :eek: Over he comes old Wolfgang and as he passes say's bonjour and I say Viva la Resistance :rotflmao: ... not sure he got that bless him :redface:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Decided to park up and have a nice Beer and a crap in the spring sunshine ]
New them Frenchies are liberal, but you've taken going native a bit too far there.
:D:D:D:D

Saw a blue Adventure at the weekend, they do look so much better in the flesh, and 100 times nicer than the new boy.

Reactions: puiforcat

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
New them Frenchies are liberal, but you've taken going native a bit too far there.
:D:D:D:D

Saw a blue Adventure at the weekend, they do look so much better in the flesh, and 100 times nicer than the new boy.
Really? you surprise me with that statement, i mean its not like you've protested much already about the new bike now is it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Really? you surprise me with that statement, i mean its not like you've protested much already about the new bike now is it :rolleyes:
Sorry if my view on the new one has come across so negative, not trying to offend anyone, it's just I'm so underwhelmed by it. I was hoping KTM would not ruin a great bike by following the crowd and ending up with an (at best) average and generic looking bike.

The twin tanks, twin underseat pipes to me were the very essence of the look of the adventure, what they have done IMO is the same mistake Ducati made with the 999 replacement of the 916, and it was'nt too long before they went back with the 1098.

I'm sure (and I have said so before) that on it's own the 1190 will be a great bike if it's virtues appeal to you, it's just that it's very essence is not a KTM Adventure to me, hence the dissapointment. Perhaps it should of had a different name, then simple folk like me would'nt have been hoping for something else.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sorry if my view on the new one has come across so negative, not trying to offend anyone, it's just I'm so underwhelmed by it. I was hoping KTM would not ruin a great bike by following the crowd and ending up with an (at best) average and generic looking bike.
Unfortunately they seem to have in this case.

At the end of the day KTM want sales, if that means losing your money to get a few more Ewan and Charlie wannabes to defect to KTM then they'll happily drop you or I in a heartbeat as well you know and has been demonstrated here.

The new bike is whats term'd as progress, sales of Multistrada's with all their gizmos, German tractors, Triumph Explorers are exactly what KTM want a chunk of.

I have to admit the new bike looks a million miles away from the old adventure, shame for you diehard 950/990 adventure owners as you've almost lost what would have been your 'next step' upgrade to a newer model of the same bike you own but in this case it isnt.

The R in terms of looks is your best bet and im sure when the likes of JCE etc. get churning out aftermarket cans that look better than the OEM or the akra offerings, it may help improve the bikes looks and luggage capacity on the one side.

As a bike with its bells and whistles its a good bit of engineering and design apart from the aesthetics, though for me the looks of the multistrada piss all over the 1190.
If i could have multistrada looks with KTMs guts it'd be a very nice bike :D

For us SMT owners it is probably the next step and i look forward to it, even though the non R doesnt float my boat as much as the R :)

For you Adventure owners its unfortunately a case of suck it in and stay brand loyal or maybe time to switch brands for a year or two to see whats on the other side of the fence.

For the 1190 owners, have fun with your new toys, for the 950/990 owners enjoy it for as long as you can :D

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.