KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought one, it's a ripper.
Here it is this morning.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

And here I am this arvo.
Footwear Tire Helmet Wheel Motorcycle helmet

Here is what I've noticed so far.
The clutch is lighter than my SDR and fueling is way better. It's a lot smoother at all RPM, especially off the initial throttle. Its very good in traffic.
There is practically no engine braking! You can rev it hard in the first 3 gears, roll off hard and virtually nothing. The SDR had shitloads, like a truck exhaust brake.
It will be great in the bush. Smooth linear on/off throttle response.
The suspension is excellent and handles great. It will be a blast in the twisties.
Snick snick snick, sorry thought I was Weeksy *
6th is a proper overdrive and sits at 3200 RPM @60 mph, but you can crack the throttle and it pulls away smooth, not lumpy at all like the SDR, even with the smaller front sprocket. Wank those SDR's *
And the dash is bloody awesome.

*Both Wazza jokes.

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Looks very nice

Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They give you a useless note pad and pen, but no manual, warranty or service book.
This is the manual I printed off, using both sides of the paper!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Flooring
Table Furniture Computer keyboard Peripheral Desk

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
I like it, a lot. What exhaust are you going for?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ask about the service manual, we didn't get one last year when we bought an EXC. They said nobody wants them anymore, when I asked for it they had a pile of them out the back.

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like it, a lot. What exhaust are you going for?
The SC project in black. It's not available for the current bike, it looks to be the same as last years. But the importer recommended to wait until SC confirm it, as it could be a few mm different. It shouldn't be far off.
They all have baffles now. But I only want it to be a bit louder. I quite like how quiet it is now. 😬
Fuck the stock one is big and ugly!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just rode it home on some rough gravel roads. Standing up like a fuckwit, I hit some decent potholes, and expected a decent whack, but it was super smooth and very stable. It's bloody good.

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Honeymoon.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
I bought one, it's a ripper.
Here it is this morning.
View attachment 41217

And here I am this arvo.
View attachment 41218

Here is what I've noticed so far.
The clutch is lighter than my SDR and fueling is way better. It's a lot smoother at all RPM, especially off the initial throttle. Its very good in traffic.
There is practically no engine braking! You can rev it hard in the first 3 gears, roll off hard and virtually nothing. The SDR had shitloads, like a truck exhaust brake.
It will be great in the bush. Smooth linear on/off throttle response.
The suspension is excellent and handles great. It will be a blast in the twisties.
Snick snick snick, sorry thought I was Weeksy.
6th is a proper overdrive and sits at 3200 RPM @60 mph, but you can crack the throttle and it pulls away smooth, not lumpy at all like the SDR, even with the smaller front sprocket. Wank those SDR's.
And the dash is bloody awesome.
Nice bike Bolly.

Is your unit a meth factory?

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What the fuck! You can travel? 😫 covid passport? That's so good. Where do you stay, town? I want to fantasize.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Nice bike Bollocks
Quite like one of them myself

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Lovely bike.
Did you change the crash bars before you went for a muddy wheelie? 😂

1 - 20 of 159 Posts