KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
How many miles have you done now?

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
How’s the bike going Bollocks?
Great thanks. I rode home last week and took it off road, gravel etc. It's so good, the suspension is amazing. I hit a few deep potholes and expected a massive whack, but it soaked it up with ease.
The TC flashes a lot, even on road when you go hard, but it's non intrusive. Can't even feel it, but obviously the dual purpose tyres aren't the grippiest with all that grunt. I cant see the rear lasting very long!
Off road the TC flashes constantly, so I tried it in off road mode and it didn't flash at all, it works great.
It also has Rally mode, which allows for a very aggressive throttle response and adjustable rear slip.
Can't wait to go away on it and suss everything out.
It's very easy to ride fast.

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
How many miles have you done now?
Fuck all, been in lockdown since I bought it!
5km radius, so no going away. So fucking annoying.
So I can only commute on it for now. Which is about 80km return. I've been doing that a few times a week.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Great thanks. I rode home last week and took it off road, gravel etc. It's so good, the suspension is amazing. I hit a few deep potholes and expected a massive whack, but it soaked it up with ease.
The TC flashes a lot, even on road when you go hard, but it's non intrusive. Can't even feel it, but obviously the dual purpose tyres aren't the grippiest with all that grunt. I cant see the rear lasting very long!
Off road the TC flashes constantly, so I tried it in off road mode and it didn't flash at all, it works great.
It also has Rally mode, which allows for a very aggressive throttle response and adjustable rear slip.
Can't wait to go away on it and suss everything out.
It's very easy to ride fast.
Mine comes Saturday

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Reactions: Bollocks

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Yes.
1290RR is gone
1290SAS is gone
1290SAR on the way
What was the point in buying the RR? Did you flip it for a profit?

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
When are you getting a ADVR Ads? I know you want too. It's a cool gang. Me, Ph and Wazza ✊🏼
Actually you might not be cool enough. Alright alright you can bring the pot.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
What was the point in buying the RR? Did you flip it for a profit?
No I bought it to track, which I did once, but I have a different opportunity with work now which means no track days for the next while so it went (no profit made-sold via the dealer to someone who really wanted one but was too late). As nice as the SDR is I much prefer the Adventure style bike for road use. So I updated the 1290, nearly went for a GS Adventure but the colour scheme on the 1290SAR swayed me.

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
No. Arrow have just released one and there is the Akra but I will wait for the Wings
I'm waiting on the SC. Hopefully not too long.
I've also ordered a few parts from KTM, of course they are on back order. Including the tank protection, it's cheap, no idea what it's like. But the blue gloss is already getting marked from my knees.
I do love how I don't give a fuck how dirty or roughy I treat it though. It annoyed me getting the SDR covered in crap. But not now, and it's way more expensive. Love it.
The front tyre is loud (I think it's that) at highway speeds. Like a harmonic noise, it's terrible. I'll go Motoz next time, I liked them on my 990.

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
I just filled up at 350km and it took 20lts, so 3 remaining. That's commuting and gassing it where possible.
So should get around 400km from the 23lt tank. Even more touring at a constant 120 KPH.

That has pretty much all of Oz covered without carrying extra fuel. Unless you go desert etc.
Of course like all KTM's the gauge and fuel light aren't accurate. It said 20km remaining, but that's based on how you've been riding. So it can drop to 0 next start up.
No idea why it can't be a liquid volume sensor, instead of guessing. It's how I ran out on my SDR recently.
It's more of an indication I guess, I only rely on kilometres travelled anyway.
I have a bench mark now.

The rear at 500km, it ain't going to last long. Knobs are rounding off nicely. I'll get to the edge shortly. Steady as she goes.
Shoe Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Outdoor shoe

·
Registered
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Is that filmed with a drone?
I think it's one of those GoPro 360 cameras. It's on a stick and the software blocks it out somehow. Sometimes you can see the sticks shadow in some videos. Bloody amazing

Actually you can't see it on his helmet on his shadow on the road.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think it's one of those GoPro 360 cameras. It's on a stick and the software blocks it out somehow. Sometimes you can see the sticks shadow in some videos. Bloody amazing

Actually you can't see it on his helmet on his shadow on the road.
Yeah, I saw the shadow but wondered if it was some sort of receiver. I didn’t know such GoPro witchcraft existed!

121 - 140 of 159 Posts