KTM Owners Forum banner

Super Charged

942 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Preese 9line 
#1 ·
I will really like to know if his anybody made a supercharger for the 1290 Super Duke.

#2 ·
I dont know if anyone has done one, but do you know what it takes from engine to keep going with sc? Propably needs rebuild with lower cr and such. Also is there room to fit sc on duke ?

Edit: i dont mean to flatten your idea as i hate every forum doing that. But i think the duke is better as kept na rather fi.

#4 ·
Pretty much true there
Turbo/sc bikes isnt really worth it in the end. Atleast for me. Too big of a hassle for the output and extra clumsiness you get for it. Id say its more of a packaging question, but too much money for what you could buy a nice suspension setup and few power adding mods. In the end, bikes already have giant hp/weight ratio.

#8 ·
I wouldnt say its that big of a gain(can do big of a gain but i would expect the case to just barely hold up the abuse and you would need fully built engine), you could propably squeeze power by doing na mods and get to almost same level if not beyond. I dont know the engine too well but are you sure the engine case can take the supercharger. For example, you could turbo kawasaki klr and get some power out if it, but it can crack the engine case as it isnt strong enough. You could also start lifting the heads and even worse you could start to pull headstuds from the block taking threads with them if the studs/threads cant take the force to keep the cylinder pressure inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.