KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Sorry, forgot to say that they are £105 to forum members, plus £11 for insured tracked delivery (or collectable from Cockerham, Lancashire. And yes, they fit the 2017 model perfectly.

Hi Tim,
I'm a private individual, not a business, who made the rails for forum members who might be interested in one. Sold nine already but won't be making more.

I have just one grab rail left. They come with all the spacers and capscrew needed to fit it, as can be seen in an earlier photo, and it just takes a few minutes to fit with no mods.

The only issue at the moment is that I ran out of the steel tophat bushes and had to get two more machined. These haven't been powder coated yet but am hoping to get them done soon but need to wait till a friend gets some stuff powder coated because otherwise it will cost me £45 to coat two small bushes.

If you're still interested but can wait till I've got the bushes sorted then PM me and let me know.

Cheers for the interest
Hi definitely want your last one happy to wait for bushes to be painted willing to pay half up front to secure let me know via email how to pay 😀 Tim

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Hi guys,
I made ten of these grab rails just before dreaded covid struck, so interest in them was pretty non-existent. Still managed to sell them all though (a few to friends with 1290's). Anyway, I have been told there is some interest now being shown in them, so I thought I'd check out if this is the case by activating this post again.
I need to make at least ten rails to make costs viable but don't want to do this without some assurance that I can sell them. If ten members commit to buy I would make another ten. Any interest?

By the way, I still have a number of the topbox mounting kits for sale.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Hi, yes, I am now, though not long joined FB, so not sure of my way around yet. I found the Superduke 1290 group and joined up today.
I think the guy you put me onto bought one and was very pleased with it, so cheers for that.

Hi guys,
I made ten of these grab rails just before dreaded covid struck, so interest in them was pretty non-existent. Still managed to sell them all though (a few to friends with 1290's). Anyway, I have been told there is some interest now being shown in them, so I thought I'd check out if this is the case by activating this post again.
I need to make at least ten rails to make costs viable but don't want to do this without some assurance that I can sell them. If ten members commit to buy I would make another ten. Any interest?

By the way, I still have a number of the topbox mounting kits for sale.
Hi wondering if you have any of the grab rails or top box mounts left?

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Hi Gordy111,
I don't have any of the grab rails left, but do have one top box mounting kit ready to go. I'm asking £65 plus £11 postage, which is postage at cost, being RM Special Next Day delivery. Let me know if you're interested. You can contact me on 07762 732905 if you prefer.
Cheers,
Barry

You may recall that back in 2014 I designed and made a number of grab rails for the SD 990 (2005-2012). A few of you guys on this forum bought them, and others sold as far away as Australia. Well, I've finished my latest project, which was to design a grab rail and a topbox mount for the 1290 SuperdukeR (2017 -19). It was kickstarted by a request from a friend who has a 2019 model. He rides with his wife as pillion on occasion and tours solo around Europe on it, so needed a grab rail and a mounting kit for his Givi topbox. The topbox mount accommodates various Givi Monokey and Monolock plates as well as the Givi bag holder. He doesn't tour two up so wanted the topbox to sit over the seat hump to keep the weight over the rear axle for better handling loaded up. Take a look at the pics below.

I've now designed a MK2 version of both the rail and the topbox mount (but haven't got any made up yet). For the MK 2, the rail is lower by 10mm and moves backwards about 25mm or so and the revised topbox mount has a slightly improved overall shape and moves the topbox plates back about 50mm which is a better set up (see last pic). The photos are of the MK1 versions, but give you a good idea of how they will look on the bike. They have various Delrin spacers and steel tophat spacers to fit the bike's frame mounting points, with no mods to the bike being required. The topbox mount accommodates the KTM pillion seat hump/cover and allows for its removal while in place.

They will both fit the 2017 - 2019 models with and retain the small rear subframe panels either side of the tail light. They also fit the 2014 -16 model (the pics are of my 2016 model) but the side panels would need to be removed, though you could always fit the 2017-19 small panels that abut the tail light I guess.

I'm planning on making ten sets off each shortly, powder coated in satin black.

The grab rail kit will £105 plus postage and the topbox mount kit will be £60 plus postage. If anyone's interested in the grab rail or topbox mount, feel free to PM me.

View attachment 32251 View attachment 32252 View attachment 32253 View attachment 32254

View attachment 32255
Mk2 Topbox Mount
Hi , how do I go about buying one of these grabrails from you .
Thanks, Dave Causier

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Hi,
Sorry, but I only made ten of the grab rails and ten topbox mounts and all the grabrails sold, so only have topbox kits left.
Not planning on doing anymore grabrails because it's not viable to make them in batches less than ten. If I had ten takers I might consider it, but there isn't enough interest in them currently to make any more.

And no, they don't fit Gen 3 bikes

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Hi Muck2510, not a silly question. I do have another topbox mount kit for sale if you are interested. Cost would be £76 incl. postage via Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery. PM me if you are interested.

You may recall that back in 2014 I designed and made a number of grab rails for the SD 990 (2005-2012). A few of you guys on this forum bought them, and others sold as far away as Australia. Well, I've finished my latest project, which was to design a grab rail and a topbox mount for the 1290 SuperdukeR (2017 -19). It was kickstarted by a request from a friend who has a 2019 model. He rides with his wife as pillion on occasion and tours solo around Europe on it, so needed a grab rail and a mounting kit for his Givi topbox. The topbox mount accommodates various Givi Monokey and Monolock plates as well as the Givi bag holder. He doesn't tour two up so wanted the topbox to sit over the seat hump to keep the weight over the rear axle for better handling loaded up. Take a look at the pics below.

I've now designed a MK2 version of both the rail and the topbox mount (but haven't got any made up yet). For the MK 2, the rail is lower by 10mm and moves backwards about 25mm or so and the revised topbox mount has a slightly improved overall shape and moves the topbox plates back about 50mm which is a better set up (see last pic). The photos are of the MK1 versions, but give you a good idea of how they will look on the bike. They have various Delrin spacers and steel tophat spacers to fit the bike's frame mounting points, with no mods to the bike being required. The topbox mount accommodates the KTM pillion seat hump/cover and allows for its removal while in place.

They will both fit the 2017 - 2019 models with and retain the small rear subframe panels either side of the tail light. They also fit the 2014 -16 model (the pics are of my 2016 model) but the side panels would need to be removed, though you could always fit the 2017-19 small panels that abut the tail light I guess.

The grab rail kit will £105 plus postage and the topbox mount kit will be £60 plus postage. If anyone's interested in the grab rail or topbox mount, feel free to PM me.

View attachment 32251 View attachment 32252 View attachment 32253 View attachment 32254

View attachment 32255
Mk2 Topbox Mount

The grab rail kit will £105 plus postage and the

View attachment 32255
Mk2 Topbox Mount
Hi I've seen your post form 2020 about the Super Duke R grab rail you made, it's a long shot but I'm looking for one for a 2019 model. Do you still make them?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.