KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, has anyone with a GT changed the rear spring? (to a lighter rated spring)
For most I'm sure the standard setup is brilliant but I'm pretty light and I can't really tell any difference between the 3 suspension settings other than they are all pretty solid (not uncomfortable).
My bikes going in next week for the engine and suspension software updates so that may well sort things out for me and I'll try and remember to ask them to set the preload which can only be done when plugged into their computer but I thought it was worth an ask
(2016 GT)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Best of luck with that...even if you could change the spring, what about preload/compression/ rebound settings, i’m Equally unimpressed with my sus, but until someone comes up with dongles to fit either end to keep the ECU Happy so I can fit some decent kit see no solution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well worth having the preload set by the dealer, allow yourself some time to road test and readjust if required.
Preload should be set in the middle or 0 as standard, but some people have found it set anywhere between the +5 and -5 settings when the dealer checked.
Mine was set on +5 preload (which roughly means 5mm less sag) before the software update, after it is set on +3 as I found it too harsh especially over over banding. (I live in the north west and like pies)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You can change the preload as much as you like but unless you have control over the compression and rebound to go with the change in preload you’ve no chance of setting it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts