KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I coming upto 12 months of my first KTM. My Superduke is about to serviced this weekend, 6000 miles since new last year.
The service cost will be around £340 from KTM dealer - this this normal ?

Even on my Multistrada’s the average annual service cost was below £300.

thanks for any advice

suvash

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seems a bit expensive, but depends on what they are charging you for, you need to ask what work they are going to do.

Last few years I have paid in the £220 - £240 range for the annual service on my GT, depending on what fluids were changed, but costs have gone up this year.

At 9000 miles the air filter should be changed, my dealer said that would be an additional £85 as the tank has to be removed and refitted (1 hour labour) plus the cost of the filter.

Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll have one booked for Wed at Cooperized in Feltham. It is my 9k miles one: so standard + air filter. I'm not expecting anything south of £300. Will post an update once done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had my 600 mile service done recently at Shirlaws of Aberdeen . Asked price and was told it would be £199. Had the service done and was charged £249, Obviously queried this and was told "it was because I hadn't bought my bike from them" WTF, even though I'd made it clear before booking and was told it would be £199. Won't be taking my bike back there for any service / work etc.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
My first service was £86. Parts only as I negotiated the deal when purchasing the bike.
Full service last year was about £400 if I remember correctly.
Two different dealers. You're being stiffed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi All
I coming upto 12 months of my first KTM. My Superduke is about to serviced this weekend, 6000 miles since new last year.
The service cost will be around £340 from KTM dealer - this this normal ?

Even on my Multistrada’s the average annual service cost was below £300.

thanks for any advice

suvash
Redline Loughborough are excellent
give them a ring

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just had the 9000 mile service carried out on my 2020 superduke gt and with only a change of brake pads i was charged £522, the oil alone is charged at £66, liquid gold obviously, three hours labour was over £240. I live in Scotland and wonder if any scots rider can guess where i got the service carried out ????

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I have just had the 9000 mile service carried out on my 2020 superduke gt and with only a change of brake pads i was charged £522, the oil alone is charged at £66, liquid gold obviously, three hours labour was over £240. I live in Scotland and wonder if any scots rider can guess where i got the service carried out ????
Drysdale`s.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I know two motorcycle mechanics who have recently moved jobs, the job currently demands top dollar, one even got a company car...regardless of the rights and wrongs there’s shortage and it comes with a cost.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Don't worry I bet Rishi Sunak will get the family involved and we will soon have Infosys service centres full of unqualified Indian mechanics undercutting everyone else....
...Service prices will then drop by about 50%, and the quality of service by 90%.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Correct, how did you guess 👍
I know two motorcycle mechanics who have recently moved jobs, the job currently demands top dollar, one even got a company car...regardless of the rights and wrongs there’s shortage and it comes with a cost.
Yip it is a sign of the times, but it is still painful to pay nearly £600 to change a couple of filters, oil and brake pads to keep the warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't worry I bet Rishi Sunak will get the family involved and we will soon have Infosys service centres full of unqualified Indian mechanics undercutting everyone else....
...Service prices will then drop by about 50%, and the quality of service by 90%.
Quality of service by 90%, The unqualified Indian mechanics you refer to seem to do alright for the Royal Enfield mark🤔

1 - 20 of 32 Posts