KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it when ppl write threads asking, "what's better, x or y?". I always want to grab them by the shoulders, shake them and shout at them to make their on decision based on their own research and own preferences etc.

And yet here I am asking that very question now... :wanker:

I'm faced with an opportunity to buy an '08 ktm rc8 (not the 'R' model), for quite a good price, and have just found an '07 Superduke R, with the same milage for the same price.

Do the extra 'goodies' that come with the Superduke 'R' make it a worthwhile purchase over the 'regular spec' RC8?

What about depreciation?
Would the Superduke lose less value over time since it carries the 'R' designation?

Any thoughts?
PS. I do mainly weekend riding on fastish twisty country/coastal roads. Never any commuting, although said roads are a boring motorway ride away of decent length, no matter where I decide to go (a drawback of living in the CBD).
I also do occasional trackdays, am a fan of hooliganism, have blue eyes and like long walks on the beach.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Either. They're both good at what they do. I've ridden both and wouldn't swap my RC8 for the superduke. However if i had superduke i wouldn't be dissapointed. Get the one you want;)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I've ridden both and was very unimpressed with the Rc8. So much so that i had another go... still not impressed, then rode the RC8R... it was better....

ME personally, the Superduke wins... but i can see why people would prefer the RC8.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts