KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm in the process of buying a KTM 690 SMC R, but am a little unsure on what the best kit to use it on the road is. I'd really appreciate your recommendations. I've got all of my MX kit which I daren't use on the road and have read many posts stating that 1 piece superbike leathers are uncomfortable as they're designed for riders hunched over the tank all day, therefore restricting the shoulders and chest on a supermoto, due to upright riding position.

What do you guys use, helmet, leathers, boots and gloves?

Thanks Zebadee

·
Administrator
8,415 Posts
I used to wear one piece leathers, mx boots and mx lid. Just don't get leathers with the 'hump' on the back 'cause they are gay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wear alpinestars Atem 1 piece suit on my supermoto.

No restrictions with movement or stance.

I removed the knee sliders (Velcro) which gives me room to wear my tech 7 mx boots.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
Hello all,

I'm in the process of buying a KTM 690 SMC R, but am a little unsure on what the best kit to use it on the road is. I'd really appreciate your recommendations. I've got all of my MX kit which I daren't use on the road and have read many posts stating that 1 piece superbike leathers are uncomfortable as they're designed for riders hunched over the tank all day, therefore restricting the shoulders and chest on a supermoto, due to upright riding position.

What do you guys use, helmet, leathers, boots and gloves?

Thanks Zebadee
Will you be drifting, sliding and scrapping bar ends everywhere on the road ? Or just riding it? Just wear any bike gear then. That way you won't look like a knob. Not sure why they need MX boots on the road? MX helmet looks good and saves fogging though.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
At least you will be scene in the traffic, safety first.:eek:
Oh and one piece leather suits on the road are soooo wrong, wank and gay.
Especially on a sportsbike on country lanes with clean sliders and chicken strips.:rotflmao:
I expect you wear budgie smugglers, a vest and thongs .... :smokin:, tbf when I'm out on the SM it's hooligan time, so should the worst happen and I flip it over onto my head, at least I should live.

Iv been tempted to wear all my Mx gear in the summer but the thought of gravel rash stops me.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
Leather Speedos.;)

Dainese air flow summer jacket in black is the go. Back, elbow and elbow protectors.
And you don't look like a licorice all sorts.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I wear my Mx boots purely to get time on the bike in them and be used to wearing them, compared to my road boots I find them quite cumbersome and hard to ride in.

The more I wear them though the more I get used to them, as someone who has spent far more time on road / track bikes it's weird not being able to move your ankles and not really being able to feel the gear lever or rear brake lever.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That may be the case. However, there is no dodging the fact that you are in fact wearing...A BUM BAG
Actually it's a bag that was specifically designed for mountain bikers ...... need somewhere to keep my phone, wallet and a drink etc though don't I !

But still .... I'm cool enough that if it was a bum bag I'd still be cool.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts