KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the paddock at motocross the other weekend and I thought I'd ask an interesting question of the lads I was hanging with. Us motorsport chaps are a different bunch, it takes more than a group of lads chasing a ball around and rolling around on the floor if they so much as brush past one another to get us excited.

It turns out none of them were too fussed about football.

I remember as a child back in the late 90s/early to mid 2000s football was a lot more popular than it is now. If you ever met anyone they would ask you "what team do you support" which would always get my goat because I liked cars (on road and off road), bikes (mainly off road bikes but I only had a passing interest in road bikes at the time). I was never really able to get excited about football, it just seemed so dull compared to motorsports like motocross, rally, even Formula 1 which is boring for some.

The only "human only" sport I like is boxing because of how action packed that is and the impressive moves and punch combinations they can pull off, plus I've had a go myself.

There are some honourable mentions for human only sports, like tennis, rugby, among others probably.

Although, in the recent Euros, I did watch the last 1/2 and thought it would be good for the country if England could have won and that was fairly exciting, but that was because of what was at stake rather than the actual sport itself.

And even then, I only felt mild disappointment that England lost.

So yeah, football, never really been interested myself, give me a motocross bike or rally car any day of the week!

Edit: Where's my poll!?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Way back when I was a kid football was be all and end all but you had to make your own entertainment no computers and such like lol.
Still follow football but can take it or leave it.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Mostly a bunch of dull overpaid Nancy's who fall over at the drop of a hat...and when they finally make it to a final after about fifty years can't actually manage to kick a ball into a net

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
When I was in school if you didn’t play football it was for the following reasons

1. You were gay
2. You were shit at sport and one notch away from being a full spastic
3. You were a lumbering oaf so played rugby
4. You were a violin case carrying geek
5. You went to after school maths club
How did you get on at maths club, and do you still play the violin?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does the ref still toss a coin before kick-off to decide initial direction of play? They could stop it there - "heads it is, you win, they lose". Save all the dicking about by a bunch of overpaid, self-inflated, deluded wankers plus all the nonsense by the droves of worshippers who wrap their 25 stone frames with an obscenely over priced "replica" shirt and believe themselves to be part of the team while they munch on second rate pies and swill piss-weak lager.
Not to mention the blind slavery of TV schedulers who will scrap anything and everything because, well, "it's the footie!"
Never really thought about football much, to be honest.

·
Registered
389 Posts
cant stand the game, in fact anything with a ball I cant stand, fucking balls roll away from you, meaning you have to move to either kick the thing or pick it up. May be a square ball would be better.

All I remember about school is either taking a football to the face at brake time ( rock hard) or a concrete cricket ball braking your fingers :rolleyes:
I am good at the violin though .

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Does the ref still toss a coin before kick-off to decide initial direction of play? They could stop it there - "heads it is, you win, they lose". Save all the dicking about by a bunch of overpaid, self-inflated, deluded wankers plus all the nonsense by the droves of worshippers who wrap their 25 stone frames with an obscenely over priced "replica" shirt and believe themselves to be part of the team while they munch on second rate pies and swill piss-weak lager.
Not to mention the blind slavery of TV schedulers who will scrap anything and everything because, well, "it's the footie!"
Never really thought about football much, to be honest.
You forgot the bit about the worshippers who put bets on to impress there mates then end up in massive debt, at least it goes to a good cause! Bet365 boss Denise Coates hits jackpot with £323m payday

1 - 20 of 72 Posts