KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Can’t stand football but my Dad still has his ref’s badge, got it when he was twenty and reffed his last game a couple of years ago aged 85 (Sunday league). He’s a full on Chelsea supporter to the extent he named my brother after them🤔🤔
Did he name you after his other favourite things?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Chin Muscle Publication Poster Chest

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Reactions: dozerman

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was in the paddock at motocross the other weekend and I thought I'd ask an interesting question of the lads I was hanging with. Us motorsport chaps are a different bunch, it takes more than a group of lads chasing a ball around and rolling around on the floor if they so much as brush past one another to get us excited.

It turns out none of them were too fussed about football.

I remember as a child back in the late 90s/early to mid 2000s football was a lot more popular than it is now. If you ever met anyone they would ask you "what team do you support" which would always get my goat because I liked cars (on road and off road), bikes (mainly off road bikes but I only had a passing interest in road bikes at the time). I was never really able to get excited about football, it just seemed so dull compared to motorsports like motocross, rally, even Formula 1 which is boring for some.

The only "human only" sport I like is boxing because of how action packed that is and the impressive moves and punch combinations they can pull off, plus I've had a go myself.

There are some honourable mentions for human only sports, like tennis, rugby, among others probably.

Although, in the recent Euros, I did watch the last 1/2 and thought it would be good for the country if England could have won and that was fairly exciting, but that was because of what was at stake rather than the actual sport itself.

And even then, I only felt mild disappointment that England lost.

So yeah, football, never really been interested myself, give me a motocross bike or rally car any day of the week!

Edit: Where's my poll!?
Agreed, nope… no interest in League kissball, maybe the World Cup whenever it is on.

·
Premium Member
9,934 Posts
When I was in school if you didn’t play football it was for the following reasons

1. You were gay
2. You were shit at sport and one notch away from being a full spastic
3. You were a lumbering oaf so played rugby
4. You were a violin case carrying geek
5. You went to after school maths club
When I was at school.

1. Kids who played football at break times with a tennis balls were retarded.
2. Kids who spent their lunch money on stickers and albums were retarded.
3. Kids who stayed on after school to play Subbuteo were retarded.
4. Kids who asked you who you supported, though none had ever been to Liverpool or Manchester, were retarded.
5. The Romans were clever people.

·
Premium Member
9,934 Posts
The Romans were cleaver people? Running around chopping meat up with big knives?
Thank you for reminding me of the point I wanted to make. Few years ago a footballer, can't remember his name, collapsed and died on the pitch from a heart attack. Made front page news in the newspapers around the world, as such a rare event.

How many footballers/sports stars that have collapsed over the last 12 months, which has hardly been mentioned in the news.

·
Registered
19,749 Posts
Thank you for reminding me of the point I wanted to make. Few years ago a footballer, can't remember his name, collapsed and died on the pitch from a heart attack. Made front page news in the newspapers around the world, as such a rare event.

How many footballers/sports stars that have collapsed over the last 12 months, which has hardly been mentioned in the news.
Quite a few, thats for sure.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts