KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the bike setup correctly for me, I was thinking about using MCT but spoke to them today and they are booking in for November!

Any recommendations for something in the South of the UK?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Might be a bit of a stretch for you but I’m going to take mine into tyres 4 you in Spalding for a suspension set up when my rear tyre needs replacing. Not used them before but they do a lot of track day support and are Ktech approved

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got booked into MH next week.

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a bit harsh and if i hit any kind of small imperfection mid corner the front hops a bit rather than soaking it up. Not very confidence inspiring so thought it would be best to get someone to look at it ans setup up properly for me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
How many miles have you got on the bike?....often a different feel after 1000+ miles.
Suspension tuning is a dark art lol....have tried myself in the past but ended up spending a lot of time to not much avail before giving in and getting someone who knows what they're doing on the case!

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many miles have you got on the bike?....often a different feel after 1000+ miles.
Suspension tuning is a dark art lol....have tried myself in the past but ended up spending a lot of time to not much avail before giving in and getting someone who knows what they're doing on the case!
about 400 miles

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have you got it on standard settings? I haven't had that feeling on mine, in fact the front end is really good, I've just added a bit of rear preload. I've had a professional set up on most of my bikes, for the sake of £50ish it's the way to go to avoid losing yourself with ill judged adjustments - I'm sure you'll be happy post MH.

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, for the cost its worth getting someone who knows what they are doing to have a look

·
Registered
534 Posts
Standard settings.....post your 'standard' setups guys....will be interesting to see if there's any variation.
400 miles....as you're unhappy with things as they are a visit sooner than later probably good but it could be that further changes might be needed further down the road :)cool:) when the suspension is fully bedded in.

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could be, but the sag still needs setting front and rear and it will be a worthwhile conversation and a chance to understand more about the standard setup out the factory

·
Registered
534 Posts
Most suspension companies, tend to set a bike up with track settings. make sure you tell them it is for road use.
I still cant get my GT to behave on the bumpy stuff
Has your GT (what year?) had the 2019 suspension 'software' update?

1 - 20 of 185 Posts