ok, i can delete it if you want

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 hour driving on the track....small “slow” track...
this is how the Bridgestone look.....is this a normal patten for the back tyre?

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
That tyre just looks like you had a good time

·
Registered
494 Posts
Weird patchy wear, especially on the left side. Wonder if that’s the traction control doing anything or an uneven tyre surface, or maybe a pressure issue. Who knows, doesn’t look quite right though, almost like it’s been skipping.

I was always told a nice even orange peel with not too much tear (can’t help a bit!) showed the tyre was performing correctly...but I’ve been told a lot of things!

This is my racetec rr for comparison, just road use. Not quite good enough to roll the rubber all the way off the edges yet...but getting there 😁

CDDE3877-1DA6-4429-8CCB-1803485AE108.jpeg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Your tire wear looks ok Adryn, heres mine on a tight twisty track on a cool day, on 3/4 worn S22s, Bike went well, just took my time learning the bike, went from the 790 to the 1290R for track fun day duties.

·
Registered
17,460 Posts
Weird patchy wear, especially on the left side. Wonder if that’s the traction control doing anything or an uneven tyre surface, or maybe a pressure issue. Who knows, doesn’t look quite right though, almost like it’s been skipping.

I was always told a nice even orange peel with not too much tear (can’t help a bit!) showed the tyre was performing correctly...but I’ve been told a lot of things!

This is my racetec rr for comparison, just road use. Not quite good enough to roll the rubber all the way off the edges yet...but getting there 😁

View attachment 35395
How’s ya sag?
And do you have police where you live?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So how’s your suspension, all 3 of you, because you blokes would know? 😂👍
Mines fine, i find the high speed dampening a little on the harsh side, probably because I'm around 75kgs, and I'm picking the 2020 is sprung and valved for a 85kg rider, but I'm more than happy with mine. i set rider sag to 45mm up front and 35 rear, feels great. haven't raised the forks through the triple clamp (Dave Moss) as i find with the sag settings I'm getting very good front end feel and tip in. 3500kms and just about ready for my next set of S22s.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I’m not convinced by Dave Moss, I sense he’s in the bullshit baffles brains camp. Re S22’s I’m on 2300 miles and I reckon the rear will just about make it to 3000 miles. The front seems to be wearing faster than a lot of other bikes I’ve had so I may need to change both, are you finding the same?

·
Registered
494 Posts
How’s ya sag?
And do you have police where you live?

Sag is cock on 💪

Fuck all coppers by me in Mid Wales, rural as hell around here and absolutely nothing going on, they even abandoned the town’s police station years ago. They do gather around the coast roads on the weekends though for a nice day out. I tend to go out on my dirt bike then 🤣👊✊

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m not convinced by Dave Moss, I sense he’s in the bullshit baffles brains camp. Re S22’s I’m on 2300 miles and I reckon the rear will just about make it to 3000 miles. The front seems to be wearing faster than a lot of other bikes I’ve had so I may need to change both, are you finding the same?
On my GT and my Multistrada i wore the fronts out first, especially on the PR5s, 4500f 6000r, on the 1290R they look about even wear, front may last 1000kms more than the rear but both will be replaced at the same time.

·
Registered
26 Posts

View attachment 35393

View attachment 35393
View attachment 35394
If there was a problem it should show on BOTH sides.
It looks good on the right side and patchy the left, so maybe the left hander has some ripples or uneven nature to it? Or maybe thats the one you give a little more throttle with when leant over.
If the left corners are all good with no major ruts then it could be too much rebound, slowing the shock extending too much and causing it to pack down a little.

Or...

You might be a little retarded with your throttle control on left handers o_O :unsure: 🤣

201 - 220 of 255 Posts