KTM Owners Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
V4 1100 Factory Tuono doesn’t need any physical upgrades, just setting up, for a best in class bike for close to £16k the SDR should not have to this done in my opinion.
Theres no denying the Ohlins electronic suspension is amazing, perfect for road conditions. But for a track bike, or if your doing lots of track days, manual suspension is better.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Why not?😂😂
I could understand if you were a track day junky and a fast road rider on the tyres edge. I'm not sure what people expect? And blame the bike and not there skill level 😬😆
You don't need to be a good or fast rider to be able to recognise a harsh ride

·
Registered
3 Posts
The roads in the UK are rubbish the bike works really well when its set up softer.
I have no need to take the suspension apart it can be dialed in using the adjusters with no probs and once sorted its a mint bike
You should be able to tell what the bike is doing if not leave it on the standard set up and you will be there or thereabouts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm still not happy with mine. I thinking about a cartridge upgrade on the front and a revalve on the rear.
Going to see what James says mine needs on Thursday, not spending loads on cartridges but may try revalving std forks and shock, as I’m no fast rider.
I’ve still got your damper settings which I’m happy with, but feel front is diving too much under braking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The roads in the UK are rubbish the bike works really well when its set up softer.
I have no need to take the suspension apart it can be dialed in using the adjusters with no probs and once sorted its a mint bike
You should be able to tell what the bike is doing if not leave it on the standard set up and you will be there or thereabouts.
Standard set up is only good for riders that are same weight as test rider, who knows what that is! There is no way 1 spring rate will work for a 12 stone ride, a 14 stone rider like me or my mate that’s 20 stone, so getting the correct springs for our individual weight is the first and cheapest mod, then while it’s apparat it’s not much more for a revalve if it’s needed.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Going to see what James says mine needs on Thursday, not spending loads on cartridges but may try revalving std forks and shock, as I’m no fast rider.
I’ve still got your damper settings which I’m happy with, but feel front is diving too much under braking.
Please update us with what happens, im interested to know.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Interesting. How does feel now?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know it’s a cost difference between 7 mm spacer or spring but if springs are avaible must be the way to go ?
The spring rate is fine, issue is not enough preload adjustment in the fork tops.
I would have payed for springs while fork tops were off, but not needed.

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
Has anyone told Stefan Pierer that he needs to shell out for some 7mm spacers on his £16k flagship bike so they work correctly ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s not diving as much. unde braking now, I was using all 125mm of travel so was probably bottoming out too.
Was raining when we left so can’t feel the be if it’s yet, damping is a few more clicks in than your settings.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts