Absolutely right I reckon, that part torques to 10Nm (snug against the shock top mount) then the bolt goes in and torques to 80
Have you spoken to the guys at Maxton ? They may have come across similar and have a solutionYou're all right in a way.
The bush screws in from the right hand side, I did it finger tight and then just snugged in up a bit but I didn't torque it. This has a left hand thread. The large bolt then goes through the frame from the left hand side, through the top shock mount and then screws in to the bush. This needs to be 80NM. I think the problem is either I didn't screw the bush far enough into the frame or the new Maxton shock is slightly narrower than then OEM. Either way there must have been a gap between the bush and the shock which has over stressed the bush causing failure. Either way its my fault. The remaining part of the bush may have 1 thurn of thread remaining which means we can't punch it out but it won't turn either even when you come from the right side if the bike the bolt.