KTM Owners Forum banner

Suspension setup for the SDR Gen 3

76K views 571 replies 44 participants last post by  Wotmeworry 
#1 ·
I want to get the bike setup correctly for me, I was thinking about using MCT but spoke to them today and they are booking in for November!

Any recommendations for something in the South of the UK?

#560 ·
Nothing to do with fools, it's your money to spend as you wish. Many people get hung up on trying to squeeze every penny but that's not always the best approach, imo.

I know I'm in the minority with that view but its always worked for me. This will be the 10th bike I've bought from this dealer over the years so they always look after me.

#561 ·
There is truth in this! I in much the same boat, always go to the same dealer, I spend my money there, they look after me. Anything I buy from them, the guys always give me a nice discount, don't even have to ask. They also delt with my insurance company and got me a brand new bike after a crash. If I need a bike in the workshop for any reason, they always squeeze me in without the lengthy wait during busy months. I had a taillight crack due to stones off the rear tyre. KTM wouldn't cover it, said dealer got me one free of charge. Its nice to see loyalty pay in this day and age!

#571 ·
Maxton rear shock and fork cartridge kit all fitted.
I`ve been out yesterday and today setting them up. They came a bit hard, probably great for the track so I softened things off slightly.
Still having a little play to get it right but it`s a massive improvement over stock. Firm and controlled but never harsh and when you soften things its still never wallowy.
I wish I had done it years ago.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.