KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Is there any of you guys over in Europe by the end of September 2010? Or even in Switzerland?

We have a dual sport ride out from the 24-26. September 2010 in the Alps. Lots of twisty roads, amazing scenery, good food, plenty of drink and some gravel roads.

We would be staying at a campground and as I said, if anybody already would be over here, you would be more than welcome to join us. Even if you just fly over for a long weekend trip, I could sort out a bike, tent and sleepingbag for you. You would just have to bring your biking gear.

So long.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi folks

Is there any of you guys over in Europe by the end of September 2010? Or even in Switzerland?

We have a dual sport ride out from the 24-26. September 2010 in the Alps. Lots of twisty roads, amazing scenery, good food, plenty of drink and some gravel roads.

We would be staying at a campground and as I said, if anybody already would be over here, you would be more than welcome to join us. Even if you just fly over for a long weekend trip, I could sort out a bike, tent and sleepingbag for you. You would just have to bring your biking gear.

So long.
I could be persuaded to come mate...that sounds the tonic that i need at the moment.Can you PM some details please???I would love to bring the bike but i am in Scotland it is a long way for the weekend....

I`ll even bring some good scotch....single malt!!! :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baz, you have a PM with some details. Any questions - Just ask!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I'd love to go back to Switzerland, but I'm already triple booked at the end of September :frown:

Those of you who are going will have a good time :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
LOL. Some mates and I went on tour, across france, Belgium Germany Austria and through Switzerland and into Italy.

Going back into Switzerland, my mates went through. Boarder guy shone his torch down the Akros to find no baffles. (I'd bought the KTM the week before with no baffles in it...honest guv).

I was turned back and went into France then back into Switzerland on an unmanned boarder...only to be passed by one of my mates...who should have been 50 miles or so north of me. He spotted me and turned back to meet me. He'd be done for speeding (by not very much) and told to leave the country (it was late so the Swiss police were gracious nad said they wouldn't file the report until the following day, so he could sleep in Switzerland that night). So there we were the two fugitives!. We were out the foll0wing morning by 11am (after stopping at a Yamaha dealer to sit on the new 1200 Tenere (first time we'd seen it) :¬)

I've got baffles back in, but my mate is banned for twelve months. LOL. Cost him 1200€ too...serves him right!

·
Registered
290 Posts
LOL. Some mates and I went on tour, across france, Belgium Germany Austria and through Switzerland and into Italy.

Going back into Switzerland, my mates went through. Boarder guy shone his torch down the Akros to find no baffles. (I'd bought the KTM the week before with no baffles in it...honest guv).

I was turned back and went into France then back into Switzerland on an unmanned boarder...only to be passed by one of my mates...who should have been 50 miles or so north of me. He spotted me and turned back to meet me. He'd be done for speeding (by not very much) and told to leave the country (it was late so the Swiss police were gracious nad said they wouldn't file the report until the following day, so he could sleep in Switzerland that night). So there we were the two fugitives!. We were out the foll0wing morning by 11am (after stopping at a Yamaha dealer to sit on the new 1100 Tenere (first time we'd seen it) :¬)

I've got baffles back in, but my mate is banned for twelve months. LOL. Cost him 1200€ too...serves him right!

1200€ and a ban!?

What was he doing - 140 mph in a pedestrian precinct, naked, whilst doing Hitler salutes and shouting 'all Swiss are Nazis'? I've lived here for 3 years and I've never heard anything like that. For minor speeding indiscretions (equivalent of SP30) you will get a SFr.40 (about £25) and no points on your license. The fine increases more-or-less exponentially with the severity of the indiscretion - and quite rightly.

By the way, most Swiss are Nazis - is that a bad thing?

Little Lewy

·
Registered
657 Posts
A ban from driving/riding in Switzerland. I wasn't there he claims he was 20km/h (16mph) over the speed limit in a wide open empty stretch of road (except for the unmarked police car of course LOL!)

Well he tells me the fines are income related so he had to fill in some form declaring his earnings... <dunno>

·
Registered
290 Posts
A word comes to mind that begins with a 'B' and ends in '-ollocks'! Mind you, the means testing is accurate, but you'd have to be doing a lot more that 20 over the limit - unless he was in a 50 kph zone, which wouldn't have been in a wide open area. And then it would have to have been dealt with by the courts to do the means assessment.

Did he pay the copper direct? In cash?

Little Lewy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Shame this is'nt at the end of October, I have good friends who live in Basel .

May pop over next year if you are planning stuff for 2011 Grumpy.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
Shame this is'nt at the end of October, I have good friends who live in Basel .

May pop over next year if you are planning stuff for 2011 Grumpy.
I'll be hopefully going again in July 2011 - or whenever they arrange the next swiss adventure meeting for - it was the bike weeekend highlight of this year .....so far!! great bunch of guys and an amazing part of the world (link for 2010 reports HERE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts