KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right my stator burnt out thus resulting in getting no spark.
so i replaced the stator, the plug, the ignition coil, the ht cap and lead and yet still i have no spark, so this only leaves the problem to be the CDI right?
i am going to order one on friday and hope this solves the problem but what i wanted to know is:
i tried the CDI off my mates rmz 250 and i know its not designed to run with my sx 125 but should i of least of got a spark when i connected his CDI to my bike or will that not work at all?
if i replace the CDI and yet i still have no spark i am stumped of what else it can be as i have replaced everything electrical to produce the spark.
any one who can shed so light on this i will owe you a beer!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
right my stator burnt out thus resulting in getting no spark.
so i replaced the stator, the plug, the ignition coil, the ht cap and lead and yet still i have no spark, so this only leaves the problem to be the CDI right?
i am going to order one on friday and hope this solves the problem but what i wanted to know is:
i tried the CDI off my mates rmz 250 and i know its not designed to run with my sx 125 but should i of least of got a spark when i connected his CDI to my bike or will that not work at all?
if i replace the CDI and yet i still have no spark i am stumped of what else it can be as i have replaced everything electrical to produce the spark.
any one who can shed so light on this i will owe you a beer!
I'd be checking the wiring and the earthing before i buy a cdi.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive stripped all the wiring off the bike n checked for breaks in the wires and cleaned up all the earth connections and checked the continuity and all is good, my head is pretty burnt out with this!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah getting a voltage through the wires to the coil but as soon as i connect them to the coil i get nothing :/ by timing pick you do you mean the timing on the stator plate?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not familiar with the engine, some motors have pulse coils in the stator, some electromagnetic pickups that speak to ECU….If you’re getting power to the coil but as soon as a draw is present it shuts off…that’s the problem….timed shut off to the coil gives you the spark….
any chance you could dumb that down a bit for me ha!
and suggest how i could try n sort it, im not the best at electronics.
cheers :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts