KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for taking the time to read this,

problem is i took my bike to the track yesterday, did 2 laps then pulled in to wait for my friend, then when i tryed to kick it again the kick had seized rock solid, so i pushed it back to the van, gave it 20 minutes to cool down and tryed it again befor putting it away and it started?? everything seemed ok so i went for another lap but after half a lap, the clutch lever seized rock solid?? but the kick was still ok, but had lost a lottle compression i gave it 10 minutes to cool and the lever returned to normal, but it would not start. i pushed it back to the van (once again!!) on arriveing home i decided to give it another try and it started 3rd kick, i quickly killed the switch, i obviously have a problem somewhere?? the one thing i think it mite be is when i changed the oil filter ive not soaked it enough when i put it back in, i cleaned the oil out that the old one was in because of metal filings.so the cylinder would of been pritty dry, im going to put a new piston and gaskit kit in anyway but do you reckon i will still have a bigger problem once this is done because of the filter being to dry?? i only did 2 and a half laps, but do you reckon i will need to change more?? any advice on this would be much appreciated, cheers matt!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying kev!! ill check them out what do you reckon the worst case scenario would be off a filter not feeding enough oil through for 2 and a half laps??

·
Premium Member
31,591 Posts
Big end failure is very, very, very common on the 250F. Bits of the bearing then get in between the piston and bore which damages the plating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts