KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm struggling to find the range of values I should be getting when testing the resistance of my engine coolant temperature sensor for 2012 SXF350. Can someone please help. The FI light flashes 1 long 2 short, so the issue would seem to be this.

2nd query, the bike struggles to start and when it does it runs like a dog..popping on the overrrun and if you blip the throttle quickly, the revs dip before picking up. Can it be this sensor issue that causes this problem? The mechanic I took it to here in thailand says I need to replace the fuel injector, but I don't trust the guy!

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Note down your ambient temp, and check according to the table below (if you are checking a cold engine). I haven't done this my self, but this should be correct, as it is my understanding that all normal temp sensors in any application are RTDs, and they will all have the same values due to physical properties of the bi-metal used.

http://www.omega.com/techref/pdf/z252-254.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. I got 0.6 ohms checking across the terminals. Will take it out and check across the sensor body itself to confirm though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts