KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to bleed this SXS caliper. it works, no leaks but has a lot of lever travel. tried another master cylinder and it's the same.
no leaks anywhere, theres no air coming out and tried back bleeding with a syringe with the same result.

I think the pistons are bigger on this caliper. do i need a bigger master cylinder to suit? anyone know?

checked on the ktm site and it doesn't mention a master cylinder swap too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
problem sorted. the 2 I used were 9mm bore.
tried a older 10mm and jobs a gud un.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Is it the new(ish) style with the 24mm pistons. We have used the older 28mm SXS ones for many years now. Currently on the 19 125s. Levers seeml soft, but loads of feel unlike the standard off on operation of the standard ones.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The Nissin one that some people use is 11mm. Just in case you still think that the lever has too much travel. I use a Nissin one because I think that the Brembo one is shite!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
We can pull our front levers almost into the bars, but by that time rider and bike would have parted company big style lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it's the older 28mm one. good to hear they have a lot of feel. that what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Don’t get a husky Magura one then! The caliper body flexes under pressure and vibrates! It’s made of chocolate compared to the Brembo which I much prefer for power and feel. I’m thinking of whipping the one off my xcw and swapping it onto the TE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts