KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently made up my own tail tidy for the 8. I got a set of nice looking indicators that are not led and wired them up as was the old setup. No indicators are working now. Have i blown a fuse or fucked up the flasher relay?
I tried the search and found some info that resistors are needed. How are these connected up... in series with the positive to each indicator or parallel across the pos/neg to each indicator? What size resistor do i need??
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
have you got a test lamp, check there is a feed when indicator is turned on first,then go from there. not sure you can use normal indicators, as the voltage required is too high.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dont know what year you ve got, but on my 2010 the r&g indicators with bulbs just glowed feebly, I borrowed a meter from work that holds the high reading and got 8.2 volts at the plug which suggests that there is already a resistor in line. When I put LED indicators with resistors in them they would not work. So I am guessing that you would need LEDs with no resistor or you could do what I did and build a seperate circuit with relays to operate the rears from the 12volt supply.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
or just buy a set that just connect straight up will no messing about with resistors

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
So I am guessing that you would need LEDs with no resistor
Depends which LEDs you buy I think. I fitted the Kellerman Rhombus Minis which don't require a resistor but the indies now flash very slightly faster than the OE did, so I'm guessing there's some difference between products

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went back this evening and disconnected the rear indicators and the front are now working again.... I didnt blow anything thank fuck!:D
Ok so i need led indicators that will connect straight on with no fucking about with resistors. Also the tail tidy will only take say a max m10 bolt through the mounting tabs.
What are my options from your experience...?
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Do my eyes decieve me or are they £51 for each indicator???
You can't put a price on happiness :D

(Yes, don't tell my wife that that's each indie)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't put a price on happiness :D

(Yes, don't tell my wife that that's each indie)
But theres a million and one different types of indicators out there. Surely theres loads that would connect up without issue..... Im a bit confused!!
Not digging paying 120 quid for a poxy pair of pointers!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got myself a set of these indicators,wired them in but only 3 led's light up.Any idea what I've done wrong.The cheap chinese ones I had on before worked ok but weren't bright enough.

·
Registered
262 Posts
rocket what year ave you got Ihade the same problem on my 2010 found that there could be built in resistors as there was only 8.6 volts at the plug so you may need a set without resistors

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mines an 08,so the indicators might have built in resisitors which I don't need.Bugger.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Just buy some Kellerman's! :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
$75 us each.I just want to indicate to go around corners not to buy a whole new bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mines an 08,so the indicators might have built in resisitors which I don't need.Bugger.
I seem to have the same problem. Tearing my hair out. Bought some Motrax Led Tip ones. Only 4 led's lighting up in each. Fine when connected to 12v battery directly.
Checked and getting around 6 or 8v output at the plug under the seat so wont get any more at the indicator. If these are designed to run on 12v what can be done? I'm a bit confused. How will I ever know which indicators will work at that voltage?? :confused:
Any advice welcome.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
dont know wots going on with your motrax indicators, mine work fine. 08 bike...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts