KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Just found this which may help original poster? It was on my 200. I did this video to show getting clean steady 2t jetting is perfectly possible, my 150 is the same. You can go from steady throttle and bang the throttle open with no bog, burble or stutter when every area of jetting is right. If your carb fed bike isn’t like this then something isn’t right and you need time to explore each area (which many don’t). You’ll amass a huge pile of needles and jet though?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just found this which may help original poster? It was on my 200. I did this video to show getting clean steady 2t jetting is perfectly possible, my 150 is the same. You can go from steady throttle and bang the throttle open with no bog, burble or stutter when every area of jetting is right. If your carb fed bike isn’t like this then something isn’t right and you need time to explore each area (which many don’t). You’ll amass a huge pile of needles and jet though?
Thanks so much for your advice, that does sound nice - mine is nothing like that apart from when hard on the throttle, then it pulls smoothly. It then splutters/pops/chain noise on overrun. I do have to do a fair bit of road work between lanes at times but like you say, I'd imagine its rarely on main jet - I only occasionally snap the throttle wide open and not for prolonged periods so the main is probably not too important. I've got the air screw wound out to about 2 maybe a bit more so possibly do need to go down a pilot to 38 (the manual says run a 40!). I've got a Suzuki needle arriving today/tomorrow so maybe that'll help. Any tip on which clip position to use straight off? 2..... 3?

Thanks so much dude

41 - 45 of 45 Posts