KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often do this kind of thing but when you feel well looked after by a business owner it's not that common for us to say anything about it. When we think we get poor service many of us don't think twice about firing off a scathing review or forum post!
I just wanted to big up Techmoto in Sheffield for their customer service. As someone new to the world of motorbikes it was all a bit overwhelming to be honest. I have done bits of research (mainly by lurking on forums like this!) and have been to various garages in Sheffield to get my bike serviced and repaired but was either ripped off or the quality of the work done was a bit naff.
Techmoto in Sheffield though were open, honest and upfront about what work would be needed and charged a fair price for the work done. I will definitely be going back.

In these days of dodgy economics and businesses going out of business left right and centre I think it is important to support good local businesses which is why I'm posting this. Is there a great local bike shop near you that you rate? If there is big them up! Help them to survive in these tough times otherwise you might end up having to go to the dodgy rip off garages!!

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
hahahahahahaha...... nice try

Reactions: ktmben and Ktmnick

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
x2 you reap what you sow!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't often do this kind of thing but when you feel well looked after by a business owner it's not that common for us to say anything about it. When we think we get poor service many of us don't think twice about firing off a scathing review or forum post!
I just wanted to big up Techmoto in Sheffield for their customer service. As someone new to the world of motorbikes it was all a bit overwhelming to be honest. I have done bits of research (mainly by lurking on forums like this!) and have been to various garages in Sheffield to get my bike serviced and repaired but was either ripped off or the quality of the work done was a bit naff.
Techmoto in Sheffield though were open, honest and upfront about what work would be needed and charged a fair price for the work done. I will definitely be going back.

In these days of dodgy economics and businesses going out of business left right and centre I think it is important to support good local businesses which is why I'm posting this. Is there a great local bike shop near you that you rate? If there is big them up! Help them to survive in these tough times otherwise you might end up having to go to the dodgy rip off garages!!
His punctuation has improved at least.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh dear! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This forum makes me sick. I am new to the world of motorbikes and have had a great chat with St John at Techmoto about bikes, self employment, coffee and all sorts. I run my own business in Sheffield and I'm sick of people doing nothing but bitch and moan about life the universe and everything. I was trying to inject a little optimism and positivity into the world by sharing my genuine first hand experience of working with a local business. Have any of you who have commented or made disparaging remarks got personal first hand experience of this business? Probably not. Do you realise that your comments could play a big part in there being ANOTHER vacant shop on the high street?
The reason the punctuation and grammar are different is because I am a different person, hence the different writing style. This is not a "sly way of promoting a business" this the THE way to promote a business! You do your best and the people who appreciate that will talk to other people about it. It is called word of mouth. I actively encourage my happy customers to talk about their experience of working with me so I know just how valuable it can be. THAT is why I took the time to write my post (while St John was working on my bike and I supped a coffee if you were curious). Yes this is only my 2nd post on this forum but you all had to write a first posts about something. My first one started with a positive and optimistic focus. I hope I never end up as bitter, twisted and pessimistic as most of you on here have demonstrated yourselves to be so far.
I did invite you to share your comments about places you have dealt with that have been professional or good value but all of you so far have ignored that and got on with the character defamation. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
waaaa waaaa waaaaaa

you should be ashamed for posting shite for your first and second post.

Technomoto has a bad rep round here so fook off and shut the door on the way out.

Reactions: tools and colsktm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Niiice! So warm, so welcoming! Cheers for making me feel so at home! No idea where the bad rep comes from because I have seen no evidence at all for that in my dealings with them. I'd bear in mind that there are two sides to every story. I was once flamed in a customer review and if you just read their side I came across REALLY bad. If you new the full story though you would have seen that the reviewer was a bit of a nutter and was trying to save face by lying through their teeth.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
ok put your handbag down,, if you are genuine then some people owe you" a sorry " but look at the big picture have a look on old threads then read into it as you do, you will see this all starts with a lever then opens up to a can of wup ass

·
Registered
76 Posts
Niiice! So warm, so welcoming! Cheers for making me feel so at home! No idea where the bad rep comes from because I have seen no evidence at all for that in my dealings with them. I'd bear in mind that there are two sides to every story. I was once flamed in a customer review and if you just read their side I came across REALLY bad. If you new the full story though you would have seen that the reviewer was a bit of a nutter and was trying to save face by lying through their teeth.
Are you still talking?.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts