KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
890 Posts
I had it a couple of years ago. Work related as well. I'm a commercial hedge layer in the winter and I landed a load of work fairly late in the season and went mad at it seven days a week to get through it.
Ended up with what the Dr called golfer's elbow rather than tennis elbow, because it was on the opposite side of the arm. But essentially the same symptoms and cause. I also got severe carpel tunnel syndrome.
It was so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I'd wake up with violent pins and needles in my wrist and an intense burning sensation on top of my elbow. They put me on oral morphine and told me to rest. I couldn't rest because I had too much work to do so I put a splint on my wrist at night to keep it straight and a compression support on my elbow. At work I switched to a lighter hook and took anti-inflammatories. It cleared up itself after a few weeks.

Now, I always ease into the hedging season more gently. And if I can feel strain coming on I change my tools.
If you've been doing something repetitive at work, if possible look to change your activity.

Also worth looking at, is if you're prone to this kind of injury you could have a high inflammation count, which means every cell in your body is inflamed and makes you very susceptible to chronic pain and ligament and joint problems. the best way to control this is through diet. There are certain things which make cellular inflammation worse - alcohol, caffeine, red meat, dairy products; and certain things which make it better - iron rich vegetables, celery, oily fish. Worth Googling high and low inflammation foods. Simply cutting out or right down on the bad and eating a lot more of the good makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
890 Posts

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Holy thread revival Hannah, unfortunately semtexsam isn't around anymore. Apparently his wife caught him masturbating with his left hand. He said it felt like she was doing it, she got the hump and left him. He then turned to drink and drugs and lived happily ever after.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts