KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt realise Fowlers were on here, thanks for my 1190 and the good service I've had over the last year & 10,000 miles - please organise a ride out!

Happy New Year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fingers crossed as Fowlers picking up my 1190 today (from Swansea) to 'fix' the starting problem. Here's hoping they step up to the plate :burp:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Let me know if they do good as i'm due to change bikes soon and they are on the hitlist for a visit to see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SMNoob...I can give some observations already after buying 2 bikes from them in the last 18 months.

Dec 2013. Bought Suzuki Vstrom 650. The manager knew his stuff, was polite and courteous. Gave me a fair deal on part ex, came away happy.
July 2014. Bought KTM 1190. Manager uncertain about info ie. didn't know there was RAC cover or the service intervals. Farkles not ready when collecting but attached at 1st service. Polite and courteous but I had to haggle to get fair price on part ex.

Servicing. Heard mixed reports. My observations with KTM are:

1. 1st service was at about 650 miles (or something, can't remember). made a booking on picking up bike but waiting list 5 weeks long. No way could I keep within mileage unless i garaged bike for a few weeks. Came to some arrangement but book early if you can.

2. Demonstrator bike tire pressure warning came on during test ride....not good.

3. Have a courtesy bike at the moment...delivered to door (75 miles from shop). That is good. The chain is rusty and so slack it's unrideable until adjusted (the guy dropping the bike off noticed this)....very poor

They rang me today to update me with the ongoing work on my 1190 which is good. However they wont upgrade the starter to the 1290 so have to see how the situation progresses.

So far then, mixed feelings. Fingers are crossed:hmh:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
SMNoob...I can give some observations already after buying 2 bikes from them in the last 18 months.

Dec 2013. Bought Suzuki Vstrom 650. The manager knew his stuff, was polite and courteous. Gave me a fair deal on part ex, came away happy.
July 2014. Bought KTM 1190. Manager uncertain about info ie. didn't know there was RAC cover or the service intervals. Farkles not ready when collecting but attached at 1st service. Polite and courteous but I had to haggle to get fair price on part ex.

Servicing. Heard mixed reports. My observations with KTM are:

1. 1st service was at about 650 miles (or something, can't remember). made a booking on picking up bike but waiting list 5 weeks long. No way could I keep within mileage unless i garaged bike for a few weeks. Came to some arrangement but book early if you can.

2. Demonstrator bike tire pressure warning came on during test ride....not good.

3. Have a courtesy bike at the moment...delivered to door (75 miles from shop). That is good. The chain is rusty and so slack it's unrideable until adjusted (the guy dropping the bike off noticed this)....very poor

They rang me today to update me with the ongoing work on my 1190 which is good. However they wont upgrade the starter to the 1290 so have to see how the situation progresses.

So far then, mixed feelings. Fingers are crossed:hmh:
Cheers, i was talking to Wayne Mounter the other day who said that the 1290 starter isn't an official KTM fix its just that some dealers have done it off their own backs to help out the customer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well the bike has finally arrived home with the 1290 starter upgrade complete. I had to speak with KTM direct as Fowlers wouldn't approach them. Communication from Fowlers not the best and had to do all the ringing myself to find out progress. Arranged time and date for delivery of bike back home, this was confirmed on phone by Fowlers. Time passed so rang them and they blatantly disagreed that we'd arranged a time and would deliver at 6pm. I had taken morning off work so not impressed.

I have mixed feeling of Fowlers and will speak with Mounters if any further work required.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well the bike has finally arrived home with the 1290 starter upgrade complete. I had to speak with KTM direct as Fowlers wouldn't approach them. Communication from Fowlers not the best and had to do all the ringing myself to find out progress. Arranged time and date for delivery of bike back home, this was confirmed on phone by Fowlers. Time passed so rang them and they blatantly disagreed that we'd arranged a time and would deliver at 6pm. I had taken morning off work so not impressed.

I have mixed feeling of Fowlers and will speak with Mounters if any further work required.
I've used Wayne for years and never had any issues at all from workmanship, i'm getting my first service done with fowlers as its subsidised by the sales department but for repairs i'll stick with Mounters everytime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts