KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Good, hope she rots in hell, she started the the destruction of this nation. If there was a god she would have gone long ago, along with Blair and Bush.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I joined the army when she was in power and she did more for UK PLC personnel than the Soviet Bloc a la the Labour Party of Foot,Benn and the other tree huggers from Greenham Common...CND/Labour/Unions all in one...

If the likes of Labour had been in,they would never have force projected the military to take the Argentineans on at their own game.Good on her...for having some fucking spunk...

Talking of which i come from a very working class background in Glasgow but i never saw the red element help out except to line there pockets in councils and quangos etc.Still happening...jobs for the boys...

I am no lover of the Tories either but i can say this "New Labour" opened the witches cauldron of immigration,social love for all,welfare chits and deciding to be the new imperial order in the world also sent me to Iraq x 2 and Asstan x 3 times.

End of the day...coal...steel...ship building (still going strong on the Clyde) were endex in market economies in new emerging markets...Brazil,China,India we could never have competed there anyhow.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Can of worms Terrence!

If Thatchers legacy is going to war over a few rocks in the middle of nowhere then I can't see us getting a day off school for a state funeral.

Reactions: slugger

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I joined the army when she was in power and she did more for UK PLC personnel than the Soviet Bloc a la the Labour Party of Foot,Benn and the other tree huggers from Greenham Common...CND/Labour/Unions all in one...

If the likes of Labour had been in,they would never have force projected the military to take the Argentineans on at the own game.Good on her...for having some fucking spunk...

Talking of which i come from a very working class background in Glasgow but i never saw the red element help out except to line there pockets in councils and quangos etc.Still happening...jobs for the boys...

I am no lover of the Tories either but i can say this New labour opened the witches cauldron of immigration,social love for all,welfare chits and deciding to be the new imperial order in the world also sent me to Iraq x 2 and Asstan x 3 times.

End of the day...coal...steel...ship building (still going strong on the Clyde) were endex in market economies in new emerging markets...Brazil,China,India we could never have competed there anyhow.
Well put !! I did ok when she was in power , got to go to college and learn a good trade for free unlike today and then came out and got a good job unlike today so I have nothing against her

At least she was honest and what you sore was what you got with her and straight talking also wether you agreed or not unlike today where they all talk out of the sides of their mouths

At least she had some balls which is more that can be said for all who have been in power since

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
In the words of Frankie Boyle, I bet there are still enough ex-miners around willing to dig a shaft deep enough to hand her over to the Devil directly.

Best news I've heard in ages, I hope she burns for eternity.

Pity about the cold weather, perfect excuse for a street party!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Some of these attitudes being expressed on here come straight from the Thatcher era, and the Thatcher ethos, I DID ALL RIGHT, don't care about the millions that got fucked by her and the fact that the country was ruined by her and will never recover from it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
It is all to easy to blame someone else for a problem : ) the coal industry was doomed before she came in and nobody could have saved it .. nobody and the same goes for our manufacturing industry , as the global market began to open up so did cheaper alternatives , cheaper coal became available and new industrial countries emerged selling products so much cheaper than we could produce them , the writing was on the wall ... do we like it NO but how could one stop it. How many people on this forum will search the net or such to try and find the cheapest price for something they want for their bikes ? ... all of us ... coal was doomed just like steam trains were and so it goes on ... who is to blame ..societies as a whole , never one individual

·
Registered
17,542 Posts
It is all to easy to blame someone else for a problem : ) the coal industry was doomed before she came in and nobody could have saved it .. nobody and the same goes for our manufacturing industry , as the global market began to open up so did cheaper alternatives , cheaper coal became available and new industrial countries emerged selling products so much cheaper than we could produce them , the writing was on the wall ... do we like it NO but how could one stop it. How many people on this forum will search the net or such to try and find the cheapest price for something they want for their bikes ? ... all of us ... coal was doomed just like steam trains were and so it goes on ... who is to blame ..societies as a whole , never one individual
Seems like a valid point that you've made, but what we needed to do was to invest in these industries and evolve them, not just destroy them like her government did. We are today looking at opening up more coal pits across the UK as part of the new energy strategy, because the Chinese have developed technologies to burn the coal more efficiently and with less harm ful waste, so coal is seen as a viable, cheap option.

Thatcher and the connies just wanted to crush the working classes, trade unions and make the masses subservient so there mates and hangers onners (bankers etc.) can cream more off the top whilst the underlings suffer, social control of the masses . . .

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.