KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Fixed I suppose, don't know how, and it's clearly not to be trusted.

After about 3km it moved up to showing 6 bars, which should be right as I needed to drain fuel from full to get the float tube sensor out. Then filled it up, and it took about a km and a half to show full.

From looking at the tube and its guts, I can't see why it would be sticky. Seems to slide up and down no problem. Maybe the bike's computer has started doing the fuel calculations on its fingers. It has been a bit odd with random messages flashing up now and again after I changed the battery last autumn. Which is awful by the way. A Snell battery that really struggles in the cold, so that's being changed again. Maybe that's the problem.

Anyhow, looks like I'll be double checking with the trip meter from now on. Which reminds me, I'd better go out and zero it now. New habit to form.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Conked out just after pulling of the motorway - both times it's died on a slip road showing 4 bars. Luckily only a couple of km from home this time.

Not much pisses you off more. And not much makes you feel quite as much of a cunt as filling a bike up from a can on the side of the road as your neighbours drive past. I feel like going around knocking on doors and showing them all a film of the fuel gauge while trying to start the cunt.

KTMs need to come with a sign you can put up while fucking about with it that says, "The bike is the cunt! Not me!"

Mind you, I'm the cunt for buying it.
Sand floating side ...easy job

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The new sender not only works but gives an immediate fuel level, before it took a few miles to give the reading after filling up, Now it is as soon as I turn the ignition back on.
Strange... what bike is this on?

Maybe there is more going on in the sender then.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ktm are shit with fuel guages i have a husky that just can't make it's mind up whats in the tank ..my 950 doesn't have a gauge and the level light doesn't work so I just zero at every fill

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Maybe it's time for them to throw in the towel on the gauges and start fitting EXC style see-through tanks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I've decided to fit a healthy dose of mistrust. One of the cheapest and most commonly acquired items in a KTM Powerparts catalogue these days.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts