KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me

Finally back in the UK after 3 months - have you all missed me? :wanker:

Going to fit the stabilisers on thursday morning but should have them off by next weekend.

Hope all you slags had a good summer - see you in the pub in Wales - who's buying? :smokin:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
The bitch is back !!!!

I thought you were talking about short arse Gav who but the way wants Terry ( chubbythumper ) to rear end him in Wales :eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Me

Finally back in the UK after 3 months - have you all missed me? :wanker:

Going to fit the stabilisers on thursday morning but should have them off by next weekend.

Hope all you slags had a good summer - see you in the pub in Wales - who's buying? :smokin:
Welcome back Gareth. I hope you had a good summer out there.
Yeh why not? I'll buy you a half!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
welcome back mate
how do you manage to get 3 mths off work then!?
what you doing over in canada then?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Self employed carpenter with a Canadian wife - I build log cabins etc on an tiny island just of the coast of British Columbia. Il be back again in the Spring to build my own place on some land I just got there aswel as working for others. Its fookin paradise!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds idyllic Gareth. Could you build a shed for me in my back garden, can't afford the flight to Canada.:D

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Self employed carpenter with a Canadian wife - I build log cabins etc on an tiny island just of the coast of British Columbia. Il be back again in the Spring to build my own place on some land I just got there aswel as working for others. Its fookin paradise!
you lucky get! canadian wife does that mean you get a visa?
we're just applying for ours (again) now mrs is applying for jobs left right and centre

so youve not rode your bike then for a while!?

·
Registered
639 Posts
You're very lucky man Gareth. Canada is on my list of "places to visit". and Alaska (I know, its not in Canada, but the place is also stunning). emptyness, remoteness, mountains, big forests and coasts, my kinda thing. virtually no crime... just beautifull. got any pictures from your canadian summer?
regards. Victor

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sam - Canadian wife does not mean Visa I'm afraid, but its pretty easy/simple to get 'landed immigrant' status if you want to move and work there. Becoming a 'citizen' is a whole different ball game. I have a cousin who was not born there, but has lived and worked there for 99% of her life, is married and has a kid but still she is a 'landed immigrant'!!!!!! Cant get the citizenship for love nor money.

Haven't ridden the bike for three months, but tomorrow it all begins again! I have 10 days until I'm back to work and 8 days until Wales. It is going to be a fookin good week though, bike has to be wheeled out of garage in this current state

Whereupon she needs/gets.....

Freshly serviced and upgraded 'S' suspension by On Track Racing
Brand spanking new set of Talon wheels with bling alloy hubs, stainless spokes and Excel rims for off road with Kevinyorks wavy discs, all wrapped in fresh rubber
GPR tank
Renazco seat
Oil and filter change
New MOT and Tax
And a damn good polish - thereupon I shall stand back and have a cup of tea whilst I fall even deeper in love with it

Then Im going to ride the nuts off it!!!

Oh, and this little number is its new stable mate - they are going to make me and each other very happy indeed

Heres some pics of the summer Vic - spent most of it on the island

This is the spot where I proposed to my better half exactly 2 years earlier - to the minute!

Heres the view from the land I just got

:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Man! You're one lucky dude! life's good for'ya innit? I'm going to leave the UK within next couple of years. Think I'll start taking Canada as an option for next destination.
ps. the bike's awesome (well both of them. looks like the Katomm is gettin' some good mods). love that classic shape of the Ducati from 1990's. hope to get one of them one day too.
stay safe. thanks for sharing the pics - beautiful scenery (very romantic :) )
cheers.
Vic

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will eventually move there for sure, just not quite ready to leave the UK and my family yet but one day it's on the cards. There's a ton of work out there for me, more than I get here, and all of it is my favorite thing to do. 50% of what I do in the UK is not enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Oh, and this little number is its new stable mate - they are going to make me and each other very happy indeed

Hi Gareth - surprised they let you back into England !

That 916 looks good - 1 careful owner ?

See you in Wales

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I work hard and play hard, I don't spend money getting wasted at the weekends, and I spend about £100 a year on clothes because Im not obsessed with shopping - thankfully neither is the wife! I dont have any kids yet either but thats all going to change soon......not that it ill effect the biking - il just work harder!

Hi Gareth - surprised they let you back into England !

That 916 looks good - 1 careful owner ?

See you in Wales

Owned by an engineer recently so tip top!

Looking forward to Wales mate, its gonna be a cracker!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
What? You know rob? I might have to re-think letting it go!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What? You know rob? I might have to re-think letting it go!
Yeah he is a dodgy geezer - I like bikes that have been 'ridden' anyway - otherwise I worry I might break something myself! Ducatis are more reliable the more you ride them, lack of use throws up more problems than anything.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts