KTM Owners Forum banner

The ridgeway closed during the winter

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Chawnz 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Is that the bit out near Ashdown farm MX track? I recall the lads calling that ride the ridgeway, I hate it. boring and slippery as hell on the chalk in the wet. Not slippery/rut/corner/interesting type of ride. Just leaves covering flat, wet chalk!

Been on it twice, both times had angry foot peasants yell at us for riding on the very little stretch that was legal.

#9 ·
Use to love riding the Ridgeway but only used it as a link road to the more interesting lanes that spur off from it.
Ashdown MX track was great too, even though I only had a KLX300 (well a crappy old 250 with a 300 kit on it).

We use to join the Ridgeway at Streatly and ride over to the track.

When the Ridgeway first started to get this sort of attention I almost gave up trail riding as I feared it'd never be open again. Luckily my mrs moved to Devon so I took my bike down there and joined the DTRFG.
A few years later I followed my bike and moved myself down there too.

#10 ·
It was good as a link road to all the many side tracks. It was also useful to get home / back to car when we spent all day getting down to Stonehenge. A quick blat just before it got dark when it was empty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.