KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i had some bridgestones on the bike when i got it they were more of a sport touring tyre and quite hard.

I got some good condition 2nd hand michelin power ones both ends and boy are they sticky and let the bike tunr in faster.

But at 85 mph+ i get the dreaded death weave. Others here have said how after long posts with no answers they sorted it, what exactly did you do? As ive followed the normal trial and found nothing odd. Do i have a suspension setting i need to alter or is it just because i now have a proper sticky race trye fitted? Cheers

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
When i bought mine, it used to get a wobble on at the same speed :eek:
Then i noticed with a pillion it didn't happen at all so i wound up the rear spring preload and that fixed it :smokin:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fit a set of Maxxis Supermaxx sports. Cured mine straight away
When I read the title and before I opened the topic I was going to post the exact same thing.

With the standard fit Pirelli MT60's my bike had the weave but when I fitted a pair of Maxxis supermaxx sports I never got it again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got maxxis goldspeeds on mine. Funny thing is sometimes i can get to 95 fine...but on other roads it will start wobbling at 80. I put it down to a slightly different riding position as someone said in a previous thread about the wobble.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
buying new tyres are not an option.
i know... but... avon pro extreme front sorted mine (got rid of the maxxis.. did not touch suspension, tyre pressure or any thing... just front tyre)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts